Solar panel consumption

Options
vinodshirsath
vinodshirsath Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1
I planning to fix a solar system in my farm for 21 inch led tv, 1 mini fan and 18 w led tube please tell me what type of consumption I have to use

Comments

• Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017 #2
    Options
    I planning to fix a solar system in my farm for 21 inch led tv, 1 mini fan and 18 w led tube please tell me what type of consumption I have to use

Depends on how long those loads will run, I suspect a 21 inch LED TV will use around 30 watts per hour, an )2Cool 10 inch fan uses about 10 watts, 18 watt led is a large led, suspect 2- 9 watts? So 58 watts x the number of hour they run x the inverter inefficiency, figure 80-85% for the DC to AC conversion for such a small load. Call it 70 watts per hour...

So if you are going to run them for 6 hours 420 watt hours, You could use a couple golf cart batteries (210 amps at 12 volts for about 2500 watt hours of storage, In most sunny areas you could charge them with 2 - 165 watt 12 volt nominal solar panels, and a PWM charge controller. I'd suggest a small pure sine inverter. Like the Morning star 300 watt;

https://www.solar-electric.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=inverter+300
    Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.