getting ready

Options
TBob
TBob Registered Users Posts: 0
Hi, 
I am getting my off-grid home set up and will have a 48 volt system

I have 10 320 watt 24 volt panels, an Outback FlexMax 80, and 8 L16HC XC2 (420ah) batteries for a 48 volt bank to start with. The plan is to double this next year.

My lighting runs on a separate 12 volt system which is already in place.

The questions I have are:
I need a circuit breaker installed I assume.

What do I need for a charger/inverter to do the following.

I need to feed a 120 volt breaker box from the 48 volt system, and am unsure what type of inverter I will need to do this. There is zero grid power to the property, so that is not a concern...there never will be as it is so remote the cost is prohibitive.

What am I missing?

Thank you

Comments

• westbranch
    westbranch Solar Expert Posts: 5,183 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    well,   : What do I need for a charger/inverter to do the following

An inverter....  but before you can decide which one, you need to lay out how much power you need instantaneously and also total for the day.  So list all the lights , appliances, pumps etc and then sum the, up for a day... decide if you are going to use excess power for opportunity loads or run the gen set to start a full charge on the first good sun day after a week of grey skies!... Lots to think out... come back with your findings... All good solar system designs start with the loads analysis... hth

KID #51B  4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM
    CL#29032 FW 2126/ 2073/ 2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3 x 4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM 
    Cotek ST1500W 24V Inverter,OmniCharge 3024,
    2 x Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr & Bridge,
    Eu3/2/1000i Gens, 1680W & E-Panel/WBjr to come, CL #647 asleep
    West Chilcotin, BC, Canada