Xantrex GT3.3 occasional "insufficient solar energy" on startup

suntan901
suntan901 Registered Users Posts: 6 ✭✭
I was wondering if any Xantrex GT series users have experienced "insufficient solar energy" on startup, when the day before (and the day following) the inverter starts perfectly. Same sky illumination, same temperature, same everything. Some days it starts, some days it doesn't. Sounds like a bad capacitor. Unit is 11 years old. 

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    Roughly, has the peak power (like 2,800 watts) been the same in the middle of the day?

If not, you may have poor wiring connections.

If the peak is 50 % or less of normal / typical, you may have bad panels.

Otherwise, could be a bad inverter.

I had bad panels (50% of normal power] , but my 3.3 gt xantrex inverter did always start.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • suntan901
    Yes, peak power mid-day is always the same, subject to sky condition, of course. Also, I wrote down power out versus time of day on a "good" day, and subsequent "good" days match closely at the same time of day. I think it is a good idea to check internal connections, like between the AC and DC in/out panel and the actual inverter circuit board. Gonna do that, thanks. 
  • suntan901
    Checked connections. Still same "insufficient solar energy" some days. Need a schematic to devise a manual start button. Anybody have a service manual or diagram? Should be simple to fix with a diagram.