EnPhase M315 Microinverter failure and good company response

Options
Photowhit
Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭✭✭
I'm having thanksgiving with my brother and he relayed to me that he has had 2 of 18 Enphase M215s fail (He thinks said M315, but I couldn't find a M315 and suggested M215)

Enphase supplied replacement inverters and was willing to also give him $120 toward their replacement.

They have been in service, in Cincinnati, for @5 years and failed in the last year. No word on what failed.
Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
- Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.

Comments

• Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wanted to update, my brother replaced the inverters himself on a 2 1/2 story steep roof, no body was interested in replacing them for the $120. He has since had another failure. He will wait a while before replacing it, no small adventure climbing a 28 foot ladder and rigging climbing gear.

Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.