Xantrex Prosine 2.0 high temperature issue -

Options
Hairfarm
Hairfarm Solar Expert Posts: 225 ✭✭✭
Greetings,

I'm hoping someone on this forum has a Xantrex Prosine 2.0 and can verify some temperature readings for me. If so, I've included a screenshot of the user manual that shows where to look for the UNIT TEMP info in the Prosine 2.0 control panel settings overview, (see hilighted area).

Basically one of my temperature readings seems too high which I believe is causing the fan to stay on constantly now. But I don't know if my readings are correct or not which is why I need someone to tell what their settings are. The manual is light on this issue.

These are my current settings:

View System Temperatures:
• Temperature at Panel - 82 degrees
• PROsine Unit Temp. 1 -  129 degrees (This is the one I believe to be too high. Maybe a heatsink sensor gone bad or dirty?)
• PROsine Unit Temp. 2 -  79 degrees.

Should my two sensors (Unit Temp 1 & 2) be reporting roughly the same temp?

Thanks!

Comments

• Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't have a 2.0, I do have an 1800 and thought I'd pass along that the fan will run with a pretty minor load, around 300 watts, less on a hot day (it lives outside).

If you don't find any info here, you might check on some boat forums, I think they are commonly used on boats, boaters seem to love 'em of hate them.
    Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.
  • Hairfarm
    Hairfarm Solar Expert Posts: 225 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Photowit,

Would you be able to post your temp settings in your "Diagnostics" menu on your control panel?
  • Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hairfarm said:
    Would you be able to post your temp settings in your "Diagnostics" menu on your control panel?
    No the 1800, is a simpler system, no charger. Voltage and Amperage only display. Sorry.
    Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.