reset to factory default OB FX3048t

vince
vince Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭
I know that a mate has the option to reset the settings of the inverter to the factory default. Is there another way to do that without purchasing a Mate? Perhaps by doing a firmware update?
Sunpower 3 x 435 watt panels, 48 v 215 AH battery bank (Sam's club), Midnite Kid and WBjr, Fujitsu 9RLS3 split duct AC, Outback FX 3048T + transformer 2000W 120/220V, GrapeSolar Fridge.

Comments

• vince
    Well, a firmware update requires it to be send to the factory, so that is not practical. No reset button?
    Sunpower 3 x 435 watt panels, 48 v 215 AH battery bank (Sam's club), Midnite Kid and WBjr, Fujitsu 9RLS3 split duct AC, Outback FX 3048T + transformer 2000W 120/220V, GrapeSolar Fridge.
  • vtmaps
    vtmaps Solar Expert Posts: 3,741 ✭✭✭✭
    Why would you have an outback inverter without its mate?  It's hard for me to imagine a system in which the default parameters are correct for the system.

--vtMaps
    4 X 235watt Samsung, Midnite ePanel, Outback VFX3524 FM60 & mate, 4 Interstate L16, trimetric, Honda eu2000i
  • vince
    edited June 2016 #4
    Outback support told me there is no way to do a reset without a mate. Oh well. If I only use one inverter and not a generator or other outback products and not interested in selling energy back to the grid, the default setting are fine to start with.
  • vtmaps
    vtmaps Solar Expert Posts: 3,741 ✭✭✭✭
    vince said:
    Outback support told me there is no way to do a reset without a mate. Oh well. If I only use one inverter and not a generator or other outback products and not interested in selling energy back to the grid, the default setting are fine to start with.
    Don't you want to choose a low voltage disconnect?  Or set your absorb time or voltage?  What about an occasional equalization?   If the inverter ever throws a fault, you need a mate to read the code. 

The reason Outback sells inverters without mates is because if you are buying several of their inverters to make a large stacked system, you only need 1 mate.  The reason the controls (the mate) are not built into the inverter is because some folks want to mount the controls remote from the inverter. 

--vtMaps
    4 X 235watt Samsung, Midnite ePanel, Outback VFX3524 FM60 & mate, 4 Interstate L16, trimetric, Honda eu2000i