Design a solar system

WaterWheel
WaterWheel Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭✭
As many of you know I designed my system and while good it isn't the best that it could be (poor charge controller choice).      There are some much more knowledgeable people on this site so I'm asking for your help in designing a system for a friend with strong electrical knowledge who wishes to install his own system in S. Georgia.       Instead of covering 100% of his needs he is looking for as much self installed bang for the buck as he can get for about $19,500 (pre-tax credit)     He is focusing on reliability and self installation for a grid tied system strong battery backup system.     He is hoping for 4200+ watts in panels and would love to have over 5500 watts, 400+ amp/hr 48v battery bank.     He does have the ability to deal with heavy LA batteries and their maintance and wants higher quality batteries.     Panels to be installed on a S.E. facing raised seam metal roof with a 30 degree angle and prefers Magnum equipment.      He will be running a well pump so 220v.      Please be specific in your suggestions and think of this as a fun mental challenge.

He understands that solar may cost more than grid power and has already put quite a bit of work into making his home more efficient.

Conext XW6848 with PDP, SCP, 80/600 controller, 60/150 controller and Conext battery monitor

21 SW280 panels on Schletter ground mount

48v Rolls 6CS 27P