stored water causes weather problems

t00ls
t00ls Solar Expert Posts: 245 ✭✭✭
as promised dave, my theory
stored water in water bottles, flavored juice drinks , sodas......anything that contains the molecule H2O

yes this is a molecular discussion......that stored H2O cannot evaporate readily into the atmosphere which cause very humid temperatures

for instance.....if you put a full pot of water on a stove it takes a while to heat up and evaporate......now take 2 cups of water and put it into the same pot....it heats up and evaporates very quickly creating a more humid air

the water on this planet acts as a thermostat......helping to cool the planet......well billions of gallons are in stored containers all over the world....and may be causing that high pressure on the coast of california

this is a huge problem that has been overlooked by every scientist...and the ones I have sent emails to wont even acknowledge the problem

what do you think dave

Comments

• westbranch
    westbranch Solar Expert Posts: 5,183 ✭✭✭✭
    well you are on the right track...the water on this planet acts as a thermostat.

Read about Svensmark's theory on climate changes ...Increasingly respected climate theory that cosmic rays impact global temperatures due to influence on cloud formation is given a real boost thanks to new evidence.

http://principia-scientific.org/strong-evidence-that-svensmark-s-solar-cosmic-ray-theory-of-climate-is-correct/

KID #51B  4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM
    CL#29032 FW 2126/ 2073/ 2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3 x 4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM 
    Cotek ST1500W 24V Inverter,OmniCharge 3024,
    2 x Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr & Bridge,
    Eu3/2/1000i Gens, 1680W & E-Panel/WBjr to come, CL #647 asleep
    West Chilcotin, BC, Canada
  • Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,722 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    My brother-in-law is a very conservative meteorologist at Vandenberg air force base. We get together in March and I will bend his ear tOOls.

I know he believes in El Nino !   I am the one that thinks it is El No No

He forecasts solar weather for launch and satellite protection. I know he would know alot about Svensmark Westbranch. Thanx!
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail [email protected]

• just starting
    just starting Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭✭
    What about infrastructure holding heat at night and being heated by what ever means has to pick up overall temp on the planet or melt snow early on roof tops
    200ah LiFePO4 24v Electrodacus Sbms40 quad breaker chest freezer to fridge- Samlex PST 1524 - Samlex pst3024  - 1hp shallow well pump-Marey 4.3 GPM on demand waterheater - mama bear Fisher wood burning stove, 30" fridgarair oven ,fridegaire dishwasher  Unique 290l stainless D.C. Fridge-unique 120l portable fridge/freezer 
  • Johann
    Johann Solar Expert Posts: 245 ✭✭✭
    It is a way bigger problem that 60% of the potential energy is released into the air as heat from internal combustion engines.
    Go figure this for the millions of vehicles that roam the roads, seas and air all over the world.
  • JoshK
    JoshK Solar Expert Posts: 232 ✭✭
    edited February 2016 #6
    Only molecules on the surface of a ocean/river/lake evaporate.  So bottled beverages isn't going to be a climate issue.  

Hopefully here on a solar forum everyone has a good grasp how much power can come from the sun into our eco-system.  We would cook and die if none of the light was reflected back into space.  The problem with a little green-house-gas is it converts that light to heat before it gets back out of our eco-system.  Creating a green-house effect.  
    To help visualize it, worst case, the planet would appear like a black gas cloud from outer space.  Which would be quite hard to see at all in dark outer space.
  • Dave Angelini

This guy can see it for sure in dark outer space.

E-mail [email protected]

• t00ls
      think of a cars engine...not enough water and the car overheats

Joshk......if you read my OP ...the part about the pot of water, you may realize that the more water there is, the more time it takes for those molecules to evaporate....in turn leaving everything much cooler for a longer period of time

• JoshK
    edited March 2016 #9
    You're logic is sooo flawed...  It's very clear you have never had a good chemistry class.
  • t00ls
    how is my logic flawed.......when you have less water, it will heat up faster causing it to evaporate faster which in turn creates humidity.........thats common sense

in the 70's there wasnt a lot of stored water and the heat index, which is calculated by the humidity, was a lot lower

understand that the actual temps now are the same as they were back then....the difference is the heat index has went up

also understand how these companies that bottle water operate......they store this water in warehouses for extended periods of times.....billions of gallons...all over the world

and I ask......what is your expertise in the matter....what chemistry class did you take

• Dave Angelini
    I would just add as someone who has sailed many places in this world, it is a huge planet !!
    There are many variables that go into the way things work on earth.  It would be great if it were easy to list the problems not to mention if they were solvable.
     In the end the planet will solve the problem, if there is one, for itself. Nice to do all we can though!
    E-mail [email protected]

• Xizang
    Xizang Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭
    Lake Baikal in Russia holds over half of all the fresh water on the planet.  And it seems to be pretty stable.  The lake is a mile deep and would be a great place to take the sailboat.
  • Dave Angelini
    It would be too far from my source of Canadian whiskey.  My sailing days are done unless it is a paid cruise.
    Old friends ask me out on the SF bay and I just think of the water temperature and how much I would bill if I was too accept.
    E-mail [email protected]

• Xizang
    Xizang Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭
    It would be too far from my source of Canadian whiskey.  My sailing days are done unless it is a paid cruise.
    Old friends ask me out on the SF bay and I just think of the water temperature and how much I would bill if I was too accept.
    The only good thing about cold water is everyone can skinny dip and there's no indecent exposure:  The boys and girls look the same!
  • kc8adu
    kc8adu Solar Expert Posts: 50 ✭✭✭
    so what percentage of the worlds water do we have tied up?
    i bet its insignificant in the grand scheme of things.
  • JoshK
    As Dave mentioned the planet can do corrections... but we might not like the result.  For example, changing climate could reduce crop yields to the point our population is thinned by mass starvation.  Crops yields are very delicate, most people don't realize that because we have not yet had a planet-level yield loss.  Climate can do that.
  • t00ls
    kc8adu said:
    so what percentage of the worlds water do we have tied up?
    i bet its insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

it's more than you can imagine
    think about all the things that have H2O in it that are in containers or doesnt have a way to reach the atmosphere

then you have to understand how the molecule itself operates.....here is a video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrP4ceIdY2c

so it really doesnt pertain to water itself but the molecule.....the molecule is what causes all the problem when separated from earth.....particularly when it is in liquid form...another video about the different structures...this is about ice
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UukRgqzk-KE

ice is less dense and the molecule doesnt move which means it doesnt do a whole lot......at room temp or water above 4 degrees and below the boiling point the molecule moves and changes position quite rapidly......above boiling as a vapor, they can no longer hold the bonds together because they are moving so fast ( this is where humidity comes in) that the molecules separate  until they slow down and meet up again

it hurts my head just thinking about the processes and how it makes the planet heat up

good news is, if there is more H2O in liquid form, then the vapor form will be less.....which means less heat......the ice form doesnt matter at this point , except to replenish the water...which is happening now.....this year already in may...we have had low temps at night lower than the last 10 years overall, the temps have been lower...at least here in kentucky they have

• Dave Angelini
    Our problem in California is the water is not being stored, it is draining out into the ocean!
    E-mail [email protected]

• t00ls
    Our problem in California is the water is not being stored, it is draining out into the ocean!

yeaaah, your politicians out there need to get some brains and stay off the meth

but my theory deals with seal containers...not open storage....I applaud open storage...and again...somewhere in california, they have made it against the law to store water in gutter barrels

education education education.......from real sources
  • DRickey
    DRickey Registered Users Posts: 22 ✭✭
    edited August 2016 #20
    Mmm...no.

Look at this image:

That little pixel-sized dot is all the fresh water on the surface of the earth, the slightly larger one above it is the subterranean water (and polar caps), and the big ball is the oceans. All the 'stored water' on earth, from the water bottle in your hand through the local swimming pools, even counting the lakes that exist strictly as reservoirs or the rivers that are mostly used up by irrigation (like the Colorado), would not even register as a single pixel, in fact you would probably have to zoom in 100X for it to become even a dot.

There's a lot of water on the planet. Not enough fresh water where we might like to have it, but that's a whole different thing.
  • t00ls
    go ahead and believe your little picture  there...it is completely wrong...the earth is a little more than 2/3 water

fresh water is naturally  replaced when sea water evaporates and it rains on continents.....thereby reducing the total amount of water on earth when we bottle or store it in a container that is not open to the atmospere

no , maybe underground water doesnt reach the atmosphere right away...but it does help to cool the core temperature as it flows through underground streams

I put a lot of thought into my original statement...I will stand by it

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,422 admin
    I would say, technically, the surface of the earth is some 2/3 water. "Floating" on the crust of the earth.

However volume wise, very little of the earth is water. So the Pictograph of volume of water to rest of earth is probably correct.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • Johann
    Johann Solar Expert Posts: 245 ✭✭✭
    t00ls said:

yeaaah, your politicians out there need to get some brains and stay off the meth

but my theory deals with seal containers...not open storage....I applaud open storage...and again...somewhere in california, they have made it against the law to store water in gutter barrels

education education education.......from real sources
    They do not like gutter barrels because they make way more money if they can sell the water to you, including taxes.

• Dave Angelini
    BB. said:
    I would say, technically, the surface of the earth is some 2/3 water. "Floating" on the crust of the earth.

However volume wise, very little of the earth is water. So the Pictograph of volume of water to rest of earth is probably correct.

-Bill
    Looks like water will be added soon to Florida, Hawaii, and the oceans near there.
    E-mail [email protected]

• jonr
    jonr Solar Expert Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭✭
    Pump water out of the ground and irrigate crops and you put more moisture into the air.   More rain for the world (although less for your neighbor to pump from the ground).  And it cools the planet.

I am available for custom hardware/firmware development

• Dave Angelini
    It is worse than that Jon, if you take too much out of the ground the aquafir colapses and may never recover. Look at the cental valley of california.
    E-mail [email protected]