Should I worry about Brand Names with Circuit Breakers?

13»

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,433 admin
    This link?
    11:56AM

I am not having any problems with this page--Other than it crashes my phone browser (Firefox Beta on Android). :s
    -Bill

Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • Brock
    Brock Solar Expert Posts: 639 ✭✭✭✭
    lolcashcow I wouldn't be to worried about intermittent use or spikes, unless your running the cooktop for hours at a time.  I know it can handle the 1650 for 5 minutes no problem and the 750w for two hours no problem, nothing got warm either time.  The coolant system does go around the DC-DC converter, which in turn is run to the radiator.  I cant imagine any heating from the DC-DC converter would compare to the heating when the inverter stack is power the 80kw motor.
    3kw solar PV, 4 LiFePO4 100a, xw 6048, Honda eu2000i, iota DLS-54-13, Tesla 3, Leaf, Volt, 4 ton horizontal geothermal, grid tied - Green Bay, WI
  • lolcashcow
    lolcashcow Solar Expert Posts: 118 ✭✭
    Nice! good point Brock! And because the car is On the cooling would be fully operational. I also read that if you turn on the wind shield wipers the Dc to DC converter sends more electricity to the lead acid. I forgot the number, but it definitely was more. Would you happen to know how much it was? I guess that if I do eggs more often it wouldn't be a problem. Eggs get done so fast!
  • Brock
    Brock Solar Expert Posts: 639 ✭✭✭✭
    I have tried the wiper trick and didn't see any change in the aux battery voltage.  My only guess is their battery was weaker and the voltage dropped a bit so the DC-DC kicked in?  The inverter would load it way more than the wipers and the voltage was fine with the inverter on so I wouldn't worry about the wipers, although you could try it for fun to see if anything changes.  Or maybe it could be an 11-12 vs 13+ model year change.
    3kw solar PV, 4 LiFePO4 100a, xw 6048, Honda eu2000i, iota DLS-54-13, Tesla 3, Leaf, Volt, 4 ton horizontal geothermal, grid tied - Green Bay, WI
  • lolcashcow
    lolcashcow Solar Expert Posts: 118 ✭✭
    Guys I forgot to ask if  the cable that runs from the ground connection in the inverter to the chasis ground connection in the car must also be Copper Cables #4/0 AWG or if I can use thinner cables? Or some other type of cables that is not copper?

My Set up:

The inverter:  Xantrex prowatt sw2000 (1800W continuous 3000 Max Surge)
    Copper Cables: #4/0 AWG (Cable length will be kept under 2 feet long)
    http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Sea-Systems-5191-Terminal/dp/B0019ZBTV4
    Blue Sea Systems 5191 Fuse Block Terminal 30-300 AMP  $17.57
    http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Sea-Systems-250A-Terminal/dp/B0026KY6R0
    Blue Sea Systems 250 AMP MRBF Terminal Fuse
    Anderson SB350 Connector up to 450 Amps