SW4024 Enhanced Grid Support with firmware 3.01

onthesolar
onthesolar Registered Users Posts: 21 ✭✭
My installation includes a SW4024, SCP and 2 MPPT 60 150 charge controllers connected in the XANBUS network with a 24V 400Ah battery bank.  I had my SW4024 and XW SCP recently upgraded with the latest firmware.  However I am unable to enable enhanced ac support in the advanced features menu through the SCP.  I am getting failed to save this change error.  I have AC support enabled in ACSupport menu and ACSupport voltage set to 25 (i tried 24 and 35).  I see in the Advanced Features menu the StoreInvState is enabled, which I am unable to change as well because of the same error.  The SW4024 is a 230V model with euro frequency.
Tagged:

Comments

• new2PV
    new2PV Solar Expert Posts: 305 ✭✭
    There is no enhanced grid support feature listed, you just set your grid support volts to 64 and it will enter the mode automatically, but it won;t tell you your in that mode it will just say grid support for status
    XW6848 inverter with 2 X mppt 60 150 CC , with Canadian solar 260Watt panels 2 x 3.5 kw array
  • onthesolar
    new2pv, I see the feature listed in the firwmware release notes, so not sure about where you are looking at.  Why should be set to 64V, when the battery is 24V.  Thanks.
  • SkiDoo55
    SkiDoo55 Solar Expert Posts: 414 ✭✭✭
    If I remember correctly just set grid support voltage 4.0 VDC above your Bulk/Absorb voltage settings. That tells it to follow the MPPT charger. Battery priority and surplus to loads, unless they changed the way the function works in the SW?
    GT3.8 w/4600W Trina 230W, TX5000 w/5000W ET-250W, XW4024 w/1500W ET-250W, 4 L16, 5500W Gen. (never had to use) Yet!!
  • vtmaps
    vtmaps Solar Expert Posts: 3,741 ✭✭✭✭
    SkiDoo55 said:
    If I remember correctly just set grid support voltage 4.0 VDC above your Bulk/Absorb voltage settings.
    I'm not a Schneider/Xantrex user, so I'm just guessing here...
    but it makes sense to me that in a 24 volt system you should set grid support voltage 2.0 VDC above your Bulk/Absorb voltage settings.  I think the 4.0 volts would be for SkiDoo's 48 volt system.

--vtMaps
    4 X 235watt Samsung, Midnite ePanel, Outback VFX3524 FM60 & mate, 4 Interstate L16, trimetric, Honda eu2000i
  • onthesolar
    The battery type is set it to Flooded, so I am not sure what Bulk/Absorb voltage the system defaults to.  I tried setting AC Support Voltage to 27, however enabling of EnhancedAcSup is still failing.

Based on the the document conext-sw-addendum-976-0315-01-01_rev-d_eng.pdf, to enable Enhance AC Support I am supposed to do the following 2 steps

1) Enable AC support mode. AC support mode is enabled by default. Check only to see if it is enabled. If not, enable it.

Go to Advanced Settings -> AC Support -> AC Supp Mode

2) Enable enhanced AC support.

Go back to Advanced Settings -> Adv Features -> EnhancedAcSup

Step 2 is the one that fails

• SkiDoo55
    My system is 24 vdc and my setting is 33 vdc bulk is 29. It's 4 vdc above your bulk/Asborb setting. If you have a ComBox you can turn it on there also.
    GT3.8 w/4600W Trina 230W, TX5000 w/5000W ET-250W, XW4024 w/1500W ET-250W, 4 L16, 5500W Gen. (never had to use) Yet!!
  • vtmaps
    vtmaps Solar Expert Posts: 3,741 ✭✭✭✭
    vtmaps said:
    I think the 4.0 volts would be for SkiDoo's 48 volt system.
    SkiDoo55 said:
    My system is 24 vdc and my setting is 33 vdc bulk is 29. It's 4 vdc above your bulk/Asborb setting. If you have a ComBox you can turn it on there also.
    Oh, sorry about that... I misread the thread... it was 'new2PV' that said 64 volts, and 'SkiDoo55' who said 4 vdc above absorb.  It does seem odd to me that it would be the same 4 vdc at either 24 or 48 volts.

--vtMaps

4 X 235watt Samsung, Midnite ePanel, Outback VFX3524 FM60 & mate, 4 Interstate L16, trimetric, Honda eu2000i
  • SkiDoo55
    I Reviewed the manual for SW4024, sounds like you are doing what it says to do to program. I will look around in my settings to see if I can find what might be conflicting.
    i would try a email for tech support, they have been pretty responsive on support issues I have had. Give them a day or so to respond. I am sure they would like to know of any bugs in firmware. Document as much as you can screen shots of errors and settings pages. Have models, serial numbers, firmware status.  You may as a trouble shooting measure try reflashing the SW firmware. Info default bulk/absorb for flooded lead acid is 28.8.  Had the setting issue before they got the ComBox to display all of the Advanced Features of the XW so had to do it thru manual settings. For mine the +4 VDC setting was the number the firmware was looking for to set the function active. The SCP and ComBox do it just by toggling Enabled/Disabled setting.
  • onthesolar
    SkiDoo55 thanks for your input.  Did you find anything on your settings that could help me.  I haven't emailed tech support yet, will give that a shot as well.
  • new2PV
    new2PV Solar Expert Posts: 305 ✭✭
    Sorry i was thinking a 48 volt system, which would be 64 volts in that situation, in your case 4 volts over your absorb will work.
    XW6848 inverter with 2 X mppt 60 150 CC , with Canadian solar 260Watt panels 2 x 3.5 kw array
  • onthesolar
    I reached out to Schneider Tech Support and was told that the system has to be in Standby Mode before changes can be made under Advanced Features.  This worked for me.  I wanted to update this thread so that anybody looking for this can find it.  This step is not listed in any of the user documentation.