3 phase hot water element connected to solar ,wind turbine ,battery bank

I have a 3000 W 220V and 380V 3 phase Hot water element.
If I say they are 3 seperate systems meaning 3 + - loops can l use 3 seperate systems to power them seeing a 24V system on just one is going to be about only 23 W.

Thinking solar ,wind turbine and battery bank to power them .I know its not much all together but I am warming bus water elements around the bus and am going to put warming element in a metal pipe tank that I will weld up and element pipes made by me outside homemade tank as holding elements .also has gas as main heater so its just to take the gas use down a bit .no cold water being heated exept the first start up but the gas will be doing most of the work just circulating element heat .

Just another brain wave from me .

Comments

• Ethan Brush
    Ethan Brush Solar Expert Posts: 235 ✭✭
    So this is one element with three terminals on it? If so it is internally connected in a delta or wye configuration so the wattage/resistance may not be whay you expect. Whether you can connect more than one load will depend on if the supplies are isolated. Regardless you cant connect three dc loads.
  • mike95490
    mike95490 Solar Expert Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What magical device will you use to connect the DC to the elements for switching on and off ?

3000w @ 220V = 13.6 ohms   13.6ohms @ 24V = 1.7A = 42 watts
      Or you could power a cheap MSW inverter to kick the voltage to the elements up, or wire the elements in series to get the wattage that you want to work with.
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister ,

• inetdog
    inetdog Solar Expert Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭✭
    mike95490 said:
    What magical device will you use to connect the DC to the elements for switching on and off ?

3000w @ 220V = 13.6 ohms   13.6ohms @ 24V = 1.7A = 42 watts
      Or you could power a cheap MSW inverter to kick the voltage to the elements up, or wire the elements in series to get the wattage that you want to work with.
    If the OP uses a 12V DC source (rather than the panel voltage directly), then putting elements in series will just reduce the power even further.
    SMA SB 3000, old BP panels.
  • Happy Prospector
    Happy Prospector Registered Users Posts: 1
    I do believe I would keep a fire extinguisher handy.