• davemac
    davemac Registered Users Posts: 39 ✭✭
    Options
    The Victron 24/1200 in search mode draws 3 W 
  • davemac
    Options
    zoneblue said:
    Is that 0.5W idle or sleep? I thought they were higher.
    W=VxA :) 12Vx.45 = 5.4 W (AC switched On) 12Vx.025 = .3 W (AC switched off) for Suresine 300 
  • Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015 #34
    Options
    davemac said:
    I've attached a grab of the spec sheet FYI

Self Consumption 450 mA with AC switched on / 25 mA with AC switched off

So .45 Amp X 12 volts = 5.4 watts!

Edit; Sorry Dave, I didn't see there was a 2nd page...my bad!

Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.
  • davemac
    edited December 2015 #35
    Options
    I have updated my off grid solar PV plan and included a 3 wire diagram/schematic.

Changes include;

1) Including a shunt that connects to a Victron battery monitor on the -ve side of bat bank
    2) using the shunt (-ve busbar side) as a system ground point rather than adding complexity with a ground busbar
    3) adding a 4th 250 W panel and going from a 3 panel in series 750w PV power to 2 strings @ 500 w per string (I couldn't go a 1 string 1000 W setup as the Voc max is a few volts over the 150 V recommendation from Morningstar (MPPT 150 V, 60A)
    4) relocating the PV disconnect from between array & combiner box to between combiner to GFPD
    5) stepping up DC wire size to 6 AWG for system and 1 AWG for bat bank.
    6) adding a second surge arrest between combiner & GFPD/charge controller
    7) added a dedicated battery disconnect switch now allowing for all combination of power/inverter & charge controller isolation (I think?)
    8) adding a 2 fuse block on the bat +ve term, one for system (150A) and one for generator (60A)

If this is something anyone would like to run a ruler over I would be most appreciative to hear some thoughts, warnings, improvements.

Cheers

Dave Mac
  • zoneblue
    zoneblue Solar Expert Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im no fan of either those battery swtichs or those thermal breakers. Save yourself some grief and use instead Carling  DC breakers. The cost is very little extra, maybe even less.
    1.8kWp CSUN, 10kWh AGM, Midnite Classic 150, Outback VFX3024E,
    http://zoneblue.org/cms/page.php?view=off-grid-solar

• davemac
    Options
    Thanks Zoneblue :)