Battery bank voltage monitor

gactrx
gactrx Solar Expert Posts: 72 ✭✭
Hi, I’m looking for a low cost battery bank voltage controller like the Missouri Wind and Power one they have but that has an output if the battery voltage is high and a second output if the battery voltage is low. The first one would be to bring in a dump load via a SSR, the second one would be to open a SSR feeding my hot water cylinder. Bank is 24 volt.
Anyone know if something like this is available?
Thanks,

Comments

• gactrx
    gactrx Solar Expert Posts: 72 ✭✭
    I've decided to use both aux outputs on my Midnite Classic, one to control the dump load from my bank and one to control my water heater element both via SSR's. Just means I won't be able to use my WizBang Jr.
    Cheers,
  • new2PV
    new2PV Solar Expert Posts: 305 ✭✭
    That is one downfall of the midnite classic, and also it won;t communicate with my Schneider inverter, maybe one day they will fix that..
    XW6848 inverter with 2 X mppt 60 150 CC , with Canadian solar 260Watt panels 2 x 3.5 kw array
  • Ampster
    Ampster Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭✭
    gactrx wrote: »
    Hi, I’m looking for a low cost battery bank voltage controller like the Missouri Wind and Power one they have but that has an output if the battery voltage is high and a second output if the battery voltage is low. The first one would be to bring in a dump load via a SSR, the second one would be to open a SSR feeding my hot water cylinder. Bank is 24 volt.
    Anyone know if somIething like this is available?
    Thanks,

I use a JLD5740 to control my chargers on my VW Conversion and Battery storage. It costs $40 and is stand alone with two relays each with a high and low set point.
    Here is a link:
    http://www.lightobject.com/Programmable-4-Digit-Blue-LED-ACDC-Volt-Meter-with-dual-control-Good-for-HHO-System-P407.aspx
    8 kW Enphase micros AC coupled to a SolArk 12K