Hillary Clinton Promises 500m Solar Panels If America Makes Her President (humor)

Steven Lake
Steven Lake Solar Expert Posts: 402 ✭✭
http://time.com/3972710/hillary-clinton-presidential-election-climate-change/

I read this article and just about blew root beer out my nose. It's meant to be serious, but I couldn't help but laugh hysterically when I read that. I'm sure there's a few who are excited about the idea. Myself? Meh, to me it's just lots of political fluff with no substance. Even so I figured it was worth mentioning if for no other reason than a good chuckle. :)

Comments

• MarkC
    MarkC Solar Expert Posts: 212 ✭✭✭
    The Chinese are on-board - if only they could vote! $150 billion is not "chicken feed"!

Seriously, I'm all in with solar power - when and if it makes sense. However, I've not seen many examples of our Feds making sensible things happen.

My personal experience is that without substantial subsidies from both my power provider AND the Feds, my on-grid system would never come close to a payout if you time value money.
    3850 watts - 14 - 275SW SolarWorld Panels, 4000 TL-US SMA Sunny Boy Grid tied inverter.  2760 Watts - 8 - 345XL Solar World Panels, 3000 TL-US SMA Sunny Boy GT inverter.   3000 watts SMA/SPS power.  PV "switchable" to MidNite Classic 250ks based charging of Golf cart + spare battery array of 8 - 155 AH 12V Trojans with an  APC SMT3000 - 48 volt DC=>120 Volt AC inverter for emergency off-grid.   Also, "PriUPS" backup generator with APC SURT6000/SURT003  => 192 volt DC/240 volt split phase AC inverter.