Beijing to Shut All Major Coal Power Plants to Cut Pollution

RSSfeed
RSSfeed Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭
feature-0-1427209238014.jpg Beijing, where pollution averaged more than twice China’s national standard last year, will close the last of its four major coal-fired power plants next year.

More...

Comments

• KenZ71
    KenZ71 Solar Expert Posts: 58 ✭✭
    Wow, where they going to get the Natural Gas from? Their own domestic sources or imports? Could have a global impact on many fronts.
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    Apparently China has significant shale formations that could be larger than those in the US.

As I understand, these deposits may be more difficult to recover energy from vs the US, and these formations are out in the middle of now where--Significant infrastructure would be needed.

Won't be tomorrow, and if present oil and gas prices remain low--There may be even less push to drill those formations for the near term.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • westbranch
    westbranch Solar Expert Posts: 5,183 ✭✭✭✭
    British Columbias' gov is pushing hard to get approval for another pipeline to the West Coast so that we can be a supplier for that consumption.... but the projects are getting hard resistance, we will just have to wait for the backroom boys to finish negotiations... also a lot of other players too

KID #51B  4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM
    CL#29032 FW 2126/ 2073/ 2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3 x 4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM 
    Cotek ST1500W 24V Inverter,OmniCharge 3024,
    2 x Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr & Bridge,
    Eu3/2/1000i Gens, 1680W & E-Panel/WBjr to come, CL #647 asleep
    West Chilcotin, BC, Canada