2ng generation Electrodacus lithium BMS

Options
jonr
jonr Solar Expert Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭✭
This is worth reading even if the case for lithiums may be overstated. I have no financial involvement other than being a reasonably satisfied customer of the first model. It is a PWM controller.

http://electrodacus.com/

I am available for custom hardware/firmware development

Comments

• karrak
    karrak Solar Expert Posts: 326 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for the information

Interesting that both Bosch and Sony are developing LFP storage systems and giving lifespans of around 20 years for the batteries. I wonder if the Winston batteries will last as long as the batteries being used by Sony or Bosch. If I get ten years out of mine I will be very happy.

Simon
    Off-Grid with LFP (LiFePO4) battery, battery Installed April 2013
    32x90Ah Winston cells 2p16s (48V), MPP Solar PIP5048MS 5kW Inverter/80A MPPT controller/60A charger, 1900W of Solar Panels
    modified BMS based on TI bq769x0 cell monitors.
    Homemade overall system monitoring and power management  https://github.com/simat/BatteryMonitor

• westbranch
    westbranch Solar Expert Posts: 5,183 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jon, are you doing one of your hard tests on it?
    I noted with interest his comment about the efficiency of the LiFePo4 vs FLA on charge and discharge, that's another factor in LiFe's favour...

KID #51B  4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM
    CL#29032 FW 2126/ 2073/ 2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3 x 4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM 
    Cotek ST1500W 24V Inverter,OmniCharge 3024,
    2 x Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr & Bridge,
    Eu3/2/1000i Gens, 1680W & E-Panel/WBjr to come, CL #647 asleep
    West Chilcotin, BC, Canada
  • jonr
    jonr Solar Expert Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My testing is being held up by price and shipping issues on lithium batteries. On the other hand, I reviewed the 1st generation design pretty thoroughly.

I am available for custom hardware/firmware development

• john p
    john p Solar Expert Posts: 814 ✭✭✭
    Options
    It would be good to see a photo one here of the new one compared to the previous one he displayed..