New grid-tied system with pics

Options
New grid-tied system self installed. 10 kd180, fronius 2k.

Comments

• GunnyD
    GunnyD Registered Users Posts: 5
    Options
    Re: New grid-tied system with pics

shadetree engineering with actuator
  • n3qik
    n3qik Solar Expert Posts: 741 ✭✭
    Options

Looks good. Can see why they call it shadetree, that thing is huge!!
  • GunnyD
    Options
    n3qik wrote: »
    Looks good. Can see why they call it shadetree, that thing is huge!!

143 sf !!

By "shadetree engineering" I meant like "shadetree lawyer" or shadetree mechanic", self inflicted pain, I designed and built it myself. I plan on adding a vertical axis actuator next year so it will twist and bow to the sun.
  • Solar Guppy
    Solar Guppy Solar Expert Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭
    Options

I'd be concerned about the spacing on the supports for the 2x2 rails which are the panel attachments

You only have thee attachment rails over the span of 5 panels, 2x2 don't have the strength or rigidity to keep the panels from twisting in winds. Its VERY important for solar panels that the support structure has no movement or high winds could cause the glass to crack. I'd double up the 3 rails to 6 and shouldn't be to bad to add in on the completed array

Also, how much concrete is in the base?, as a guess you would need about 5-6 yards for code. Very professional look, much better than anything I've ever built!
  • GunnyD
    Options
    Also, how much concrete is in the base?, as a guess you would need about 5-6 yards for code. Very professional look, much better than anything I've ever built!

Thank you very much!! The 8inch sch40 pole is 200 inches with 80 inches in a 36 inch dia hole dug with a jackhammer through hardpan, it took 1.25 yards of concrete and has alot of rebar to reinforce.