Emergency lighting refurb??

EAdams
EAdams Solar Expert Posts: 34
I have a 6v wall mount dual lamp emergency light that was donated to me. Actually I have 2. Never been used and they have typical filament bulbs in them. The internal rechargeable battery is 6v. I am wanting to change the bulbs to a LED version to save run time.

Printing on the reflector says: Replace with same type SL#Z-4 3.6Watt 6voltlamp.

Anyone know if there is a LED version made adn who might carry it??

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    Re: Emergency lighting refurb??

I don't recognize the bulb part number (not that I remember all the old bulbs)--but I would look for a place like NiteIze for low powered LED conversions (PR based bulbs) that work with 2-6 cell C/D battery lights (I got mine from Target a few years ago for my "MagLights"--last for 10's-100's of hours of useful--if not very bright, light.

And if want the high powered stuff--there are places like this that have 1-3 watt LED conversions (and places that sell LED power pucks for specialized conversions).

Not personally recommending either company--but if you are really into flashlights of any kind--head over to the Candle Power Forums for way too much information (Brock brought me over from there to here). Very family friendly place too (like here).

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • Brock
    Brock Solar Expert Posts: 639 ✭✭✭✭

What Bill said, the other place I buy LED replacement lamps for odd things here at work is from

http://www.ledtronics.com/

They seem to make an LED for just about every standard lamp base.
    3kw solar PV, 4 LiFePO4 100a, xw 6048, Honda eu2000i, iota DLS-54-13, Tesla 3, Leaf, Volt, 4 ton horizontal geothermal, grid tied - Green Bay, WI
  • n3qik
    n3qik Solar Expert Posts: 741 ✭✭

I would look for an 12V version, that way you can wire it direct to your battery.

Please post a pic of the base/bulb.
  • EAdams
    EAdams Solar Expert Posts: 34

Battery voltage on the battery in the emergency lighting box (by Sure lite) is 6v.
  • n3qik
    n3qik Solar Expert Posts: 741 ✭✭

My bad, I thought you where trying to tie this into your solar project/system.