ARCO M-52 solar Panels

Any body got any real, no kidding, output specs for Arco M-52 solar panels?

Know of a set of 8 available with an asking price of $1800 dollars and would lke to get a sense for  their value in $ per/watt. Here is the only link I could find  with any data and their data is displayed differently that the current convention,  but I show a Pmax of 105 watts. any idea what this means in terms of the more current rating scheme.

http://www.homepower.com/files/pvtest.pdf#search=%22Arco%20M-52%20Solar%20panels%22  (see page 14 of the .pdf)

The panels are new in the box and never used.

Any other thoughts on these types of panels is appreciated. they are older technology so not state of the art. But for the right price, I figure  they can be a deal.

Thanks in advance

Mike

Comments

• niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭
    Re: ARCO M-52 solar Panels

actually the site you gave gives the rated specs for the pvs on p18. the place where it says rated value are the actual manufacturer's specs. maybe they are all brand new, but it would make me wonder how and why somebody would have 8 of them and never been used. in any case they aren't made anylonger so you have 0 backup and warrantee as far as i know. a pv goes bad on you even if it tested good, you eat it. if at all possible inspect and test those pvs before laying any money down. it's not such a bargain if a few aren't good or soon go bad. try to see if they'll go lower in price too by offering a lower amount for them. these probably went about $3.50 to $4.00 per watt new so don't base on today's standards in price. $1800 is about $2.15 per watt.

vpmax 19.00 volts
    ipmax    5.50 amps
    isc          6.00 amps   <important for testing
    voc       25.00 volts    <important for testing
    speced at 25 degrees c

do note that 5.5a x 19v = 104.5w stc

i had to ammend this as i got an idea. i don't know the site for the cec as california may list them and how they rate them.