400 watt inverter killed my batteries in three days?

Options
2»

Comments

• waynefromnscanada
    waynefromnscanada Solar Expert Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mike95490 wrote: »

Don't ask the question if you can't handle the answers. Cheap $30 inverters that destroy a $400 battery bank, aren't cheap anymore.

I have to agree with you Mike. I've also used cheap $26. inverters before getting a "proper" TS300 inverter. The difference reminded me of the difference between square wheels and rubber tires.
    I value my batteries too.
  • softdown
    softdown Solar Expert Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll let the board know if this unit fails to shut down the inverter around 11.5 volts. The rotten weather this week looks pretty promising...

I'd have no problem with a $300 inverter if I didn't plan on using my real equipment soon enough.

There are times and places for budget gear. Better than sacrificing batteries. There is a busted battery bank thread every week....
    First Bank:16 180 watt Grape Solar with  FM80 controller and 3648 Inverter....Fullriver 8D AGM solar batteries. Second Bank/MacGyver Special: 10 165(?) watt BP Solar with Renogy MPPT 40A controller/ and Xantrex C-35 PWM controller/ and Morningstar PWM controller...Cotek 24V PSW inverter....forklift and diesel locomotive batteries