Can anyone recommend a company? I would like to sit and talk with a professional

Options
On options to purchase and install an ON grid system that would be right for me. I live in the Baltimore area.

Comments

• KenZ71
    KenZ71 Solar Expert Posts: 58 ✭✭
    Options
    Re: Can anyone recommend a company? I would like to sit and talk with a professional

I spoke with both Sungevity and Solar City, both pulled up my house on google maps for a quick estimate. Once I confirmed I was interested they sent someone out to look at the roof and electric panels so they could provide a solid contract.

I ended up going with solar city as their deal is I only pay for the power their panels produce. Sungevity in comparison said they wanted a flat monthly fee that was an average of my annual electric bill.

Most here say an outright purchase is the better way to go. When I was shopping I preferred the convenience of the above companies lease as it allowed me to get solar with no out of pocket expenses. In addition since it is a lease they are responsible for all maintenance.

It made sense to me. Opinions may vary.

Edit: if you like drop me a pm for a referral link. We both would get a small kickback, er referral bonus. :)