Getting Creative With 4 "120-LED Outdoor Black Solar Motion Sensor Security Lights"

PowerSpec B830
PowerSpec B830 Registered Users Posts: 1
Hello everyone,

I have recently got myself into a pickle. Bought several Motion sensing solar powered LED lights one for each side of the house, and a few for the corners. Each light fixture comes with it's own little 6 or 7 inch "panel"... the trouble starts there... at the "panel" it is "hard wired" it's not like a plug you can remove and plug back in (although 15 feet down the wire where it meets the light fixture it is a male-ended plug. Anyway, I want to mount ALL the panels onto a single board, mount the board to a pole, and keep the pole in the ground for adjusting/tracking the sun.

It turn's out that the best spot (nearly 6 hours of sun each day) is over 15 feet away from each lamp.... in other words their cords aren't long enough.

I just had a look at radio shack for DC power supply "Female" terminals. I was going to attach to some speaker wire I have laying around. But at $8 a pair to get each panel to it's respective light.... I'm not so sure that making "Extension" cables is the best course of action, I'm told that it may not work in the end. So rather than waste both time and money I thought I'd say a friendly Hello and see what y'all thought with respect to this 2 part question:

Isn't there an easier, less expensive way to charge each lamp's Lithium Battery Pack each day? (Battery pack specs: 7.4V/1800mAh rechargable battery packs)

And if so, is there anyone willing to draw up the "Plans" to include the names/model numbers of the things I would need to accomplish my goal?

Here is a picture of the (120 LED) lamps....yes there are 4 (four) of them, and I forgot to mention the 4 "Single" headed (60 LED) lamps I want to get their panels onto the same board with the other panels.

Similar to the one shown below ... 8 total lamps & 8 total "Panels".Attachment not found.

Please and thanks in Advance!

Comments

• Ks Solar
    Ks Solar Solar Expert Posts: 47 ✭✭
    Re: Getting Creative With 4 "120-LED Outdoor Black Solar Motion Sensor Security Lights"

Sorry , I don't have an answer. I have thought about these a time or two but all my lighting/most of it is on the north of my house. I ended up putting up a small solar system and modded all my lighting to LED. It is getting easier to find everything now than just a year ago.
    Now I have an awesome spot for my panel 150 dollars and my little Sunlight charge controller has load/lighting control for under 100 dollars. Add 100 dollars or so for a deep cycle batt. and some low voltage wire. It helps if you can solder so outside connections don't get corroded and drop voltage . Course have to add a little for mounting for the panel. fuses etc.