Ten year warrenty.

gww1
gww1 Solar Expert Posts: 963 ✭✭
Are these any good? They only have a ten year warrenty when every one else has 25 year.

http://www.solarblvd.com/p2956/Hanwha-SolarOne-(Solarfun-235--JLS)-235-Watt-24-Volt-Solar-Panel/product_info.html

I am just curious cause I didn't know what ingot/wafer means.
gww

Comments

• Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Re: Ten year warrenty.

They may just not have the listing correct yet, they have the VOC/VMP and the IMP/ISC backwards.

Though they might be seconds or some old stock that they don't want to back the PDF shows them as 5/10/25 year warranty of other companies.
    Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.
  • jcheil
    jcheil Solar Expert Posts: 722 ✭✭✭

Or many panels have 10year on workmanship and 100% power output and 25 years on a slightly de-rated power output level scale.

But as we have learned, warranties are really not worth the paper they are written on since so many solar companies are/have gone out of business.
    And unless they have a manufacturing defect, or get damaged, they pretty much last forever. A friend has an original panel from the military from way back in the 60's or 70's and it still works.

And they are so cheap now, I personally just bought an extra panel or two as a spare for insurance.
    Off-Grid in Central Florida since 2005, Full-Time since June 2014 | 12 X Sovello 205w panels, 9 X ToPoint 220w panels, 36x ToPoint 225w panels (12,525 watts total) | Custom built single-axis ground mounts | Complete FP2 Outback System: 3 x FM80, 2 x VFX3648, X240 Transformer, FLEXnet-DC, Mate-3, Hub-10, FW500 AC/DC | 24 x Trojan L16RE-B Batteries 1110ah @ 48v | Honda EU7000is Generator and a pile of "other" Generators | Home-Made PVC solar hot water collector | Custom data logging software http://www.somewhatcrookedcamp.com/monitormate.html
  • gww1
    gww1 Solar Expert Posts: 963 ✭✭

I mostly wondered if the are muti-crystle, poly cristle and do the have frames? Quality compared to my mx panels? wierd things that make them bad. I am going to ask every time I see something cause if I ever pull the trigger and buy someting I don't want to end up with frameless or flexable panels. I know how to mount what I have and I don't want to learn too much new.
    gww