Canadian Solar brand panels?

KE5YD
KE5YD Solar Expert Posts: 32 ✭✭
Any history or knowledge about the CS6P255 panels? I can buy these locally and save shipping. I know the China/Canadian
relationship. Just checking? Not what I had in mind but..............Appreciate any comments.

Comments

• solarix
    solarix Solar Expert Posts: 713 ✭✭
    Re: Canadian Solar brand panels?

I've installed more Canadian Solar than anything else. Never a problem. They did change the junction box design a while back which made the effective length of the leads a little shorter which precludes doing our favorite "skip" wiring technique. Am using ET-Solar now.
  • CDN_VT
    CDN_VT Solar Expert Posts: 492 ✭✭✭

I bought this brand . Put my order in a while back with a few other "Great White Northern " types .
    We wanted thicker glass for snow load/hail , since our weather is getting funky . They are what was purchased. 305W mono .

VT
  • DMJ72
    DMJ72 Solar Expert Posts: 131 ✭✭

Excellent Panels.

Amongst the best out there. Very efficient and tolerate heat well. Very satisfied with the ones I have.

A friend of mine just installed 11 of the 310w Poly CS6x-Maxpower ones and gets 20KWH/day out of them in September!
  • waynefromnscanada
    waynefromnscanada Solar Expert Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭✭

Very pleased with the ones I have. Very well made. Wish all my panels were Canadian Solar!
  • Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,728 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    solarix wrote: »
    I've installed more Canadian Solar than anything else. Never a problem. They did change the junction box design a while back which made the effective length of the leads a little shorter which precludes doing our favorite "skip" wiring technique. Am using ET-Solar now.

I just used the 310 watt in project and the leads were long enough if the panels were in a straight line, as one would in commercial or or horizontal tracking.

Really nice panels but not quite excellent in efficiency, very close to the Sunpower and Panasonic.
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• halfcrazy
    halfcrazy Solar Expert Posts: 720 ✭✭✭

I installed 12 of the 250 watt panels and they all delaminated. Canadian Solar was very good about handling the RMA and getting 12 new panels out but said do to the anti dumping laws they could not send me the same size panels so I have 240 watt panels coming to replace the defective ones.
  • KE5YD
    KE5YD Solar Expert Posts: 32 ✭✭

Thanks! for your comments......I went ahead and purchased some...we'll see?