Semi-full sine wave..??

westbranch
westbranch Solar Expert Posts: 5,183 ✭✭✭✭
:confused: there are some interesting claims made on this page about this version of Modified Sine Wave. Never heard about this one before..Comments?

Not so happy with the wire gauges used, etc in the diagrams.
Battery comments at the bottom...

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Power-Inverter-Stackable-1400-Watt-12-VDC-110-VAC_W0QQitemZ110273558801QQihZ001QQcategoryZ41980QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Eric

KID #51B  4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM
CL#29032 FW 2126/ 2073/ 2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3 x 4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM 
Cotek ST1500W 24V Inverter,OmniCharge 3024,
2 x Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr & Bridge,
Eu3/2/1000i Gens, 1680W & E-Panel/WBjr to come, CL #647 asleep
West Chilcotin, BC, Canada

Comments

• adas
    adas Solar Expert Posts: 136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Re: Semi-full sine wave..??

Aloha, In researching windgens, I learned to stay away from this guy. I get a not-so-good feeling about his products and claims. Maybe just me though.
    Frank
  • boB
    boB Solar Expert Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭✭

I found a posting from someone on another forum about this...
    boB :D

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]cactus head says:[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]OK, Hydrogenappliances gives a 30 day warranty with their inverters which you can't enforce since the company seems to be some guy named "Ron" who lives "somewhere."[/FONT] [FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]My personal experience in dealing with this company after buying 2 1800 Watt "stackable" inverters is that they both fried at 500 Watts and Hydrogenappliances won't answer emails. Hopefully, PayPal will deem their renege on the warranty claim as selling a product "substantially different" than what was advertised and make good on their buyer protection claims.[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]
    [/FONT]
  • Windsun
    Windsun Solar Expert Posts: 1,164 ✭✭

I think this would be a candidate for the "Junk Science Award of the Year":
    These inverters have an active wave form. The semi-full sine wave type changes wave forms as appliances start demanding more power during the time of active loads. At rest it has 6 simple steps per cycle which saves you lots of power during idle times. Now when at full power it changes to a fuller width sine wave which really helps motors and electronics stay cooler work better, that is when you need a wave form with a fuller width the most. Having a full sine wave type inverter during idle time is a BIG 30% waste of power!
  • boB
    boB Solar Expert Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭✭

"Active wave form", "semi-full sine wave", "fuller width sine wave", "BIG 30% waste of power!".... etc...

Sounds like "BS" to me.

boB
  • Solar Guppy
    Solar Guppy Solar Expert Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭

Just a way to part money from the people who want a bargin vs. paying for fully warranted and proven product.

Some people, no matter what they are told will go for this junk and thats why these sellers never go away