outback flex power 2 question

kenneth123
kenneth123 Registered Users Posts: 8
Hi.. I am seeing if anyone knows the amount of amps a flex power 2 dc breaker box can handle at 24 volts for charging?I currently have 2 fm80's hooked up to it that are putting out a peak of 80 amps each for a total of 160 amps. I am wanting to add a third fm80 to it and want to know if the dc side of the prewired system can handle that much?

Comments

• Cariboocoot
    Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭
    Re: outback flex power 2 question
    kenneth123 wrote: »
    Hi.. I am seeing if anyone knows the amount of amps a flex power 2 dc breaker box can handle at 24 volts for charging?I currently have 2 fm80's hooked up to it that are putting out a peak of 80 amps each for a total of 160 amps. I am wanting to add a third fm80 to it and want to know if the dc side of the prewired system can handle that much?

The FP2 is only meant to handle two charge controllers. I can't find any specific Amp ratings for the connections, but it's probably best not to tack on any more. For one thing it would get (more) crowded in the box and that alone reduces Ampacity.
  • Vic
    Vic Solar Expert Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭✭
    Re: outback flex power 2 question

Hi Kenneth ..,

You have been given good advice in another Thread, regarding the size of your battery, and the benefits of going to 48 V. Realize that the change to 48 V would be expensive ...

I do not know the max limits on the FP2's busbars, etc.

Suggest that you try asking your question on the Outback Forum:
    http://www.outbackpower.com/forum/

OB tech support has become more active answering questions on their Forum, recently.

You could try e-mailing OB Tech support, as well.

You are asking some good questions, at this point. Good Luck, Vic
    Off Grid - Two systems -- 4 SW+ 5548 Inverters, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH X2@48V, 11.1 KW STC PV, 4X MidNite Classic 150 w/ WBjrs, Beta KID on S-530s, MX-60s, MN Bkrs/Boxes.  25 KVA Polyphase Kubota diesel,  Honda Eu6500isa,  Eu3000is-es, Eu2000,  Eu1000 gensets.  Thanks Wind-Sun for this great Forum.