Attn Installers: Anyone use the Solar Shade App?

I was just curious if any installers, professional or home handyman type guys have ever used this application?

It's called Solar Shading.
Paul

Comments

• Cariboocoot
    Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭
    Re: Attn Installers: Anyone use the Solar Shade App?

You know, these "solar apps" are running to spam levels with their promotion in the forum. We've already deleted some that were from dubious sources.

I wonder if anyone has ever bothered to open their eyes and look at the roof and surrounding area to see if there may be any shading issues? Sure it's not a fancy gizmo program on your 'smart' phone but hey - it works. Providing you have a brain to run it on. :p
  • ILFE
    ILFE Solar Expert Posts: 364 ✭✭
    Re: Attn Installers: Anyone use the Solar Shade App?

Well, my intention is not to SPAM any site, certainly not this one. Personally, I abhor SPAM and SPAMMERs, and continually block them from making a single successful post on my personal forums. Not to mention, I think I have been a member here long enough, for others to know my intentions when asking for information, or opinions.

I happened to view a video made by a guy who is not very active on alternative energy forums. But, he does post updates about his personal system, and new additions to it, on Youtube. He is no professional by any means. Of course, neither am I, for that matter. But, he shares what he learns with others, and happened to recommend this app to buy.

Heck, I'm just a retired, middle aged (former) truck driver who is interested in expanding my knowledge of something that has become more than just a hobby to me.

From what I can see, this application shows you significantly more than mere shading on your panels. It calculates the power harvested throughout the year, the sun path, and other calculations. To you big boys who live solar it may be nothing to you, because much of this is second nature to you. But, for us mere mortals, it may make a difference between harvesting significantly more sun and losing considerably less.

In the end, I was just curious if anyone else had used it, to see if they felt it is worth the $16 USD sticker.
    Paul