Options
2»

Comments

• Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: New B
    Novaz wrote: »
    ...mostly I will be wanting to be able to charge 110v power tools and running a high output amp for my shortwave radio
    would still appreciate any input on my plans for wiring both the panels and battery system

I would guess your talking about charging the batteries of battery powered tools, I looked into this when I first went off grid and wanted to charge Dewalt 18volt batteries, some/most battery chargers have a hard tome using a modified sine wave inverter, but the Dewalt's could in 2001(1650 charger by my faulty memory, it also charges all pod batteries for black and decker and Dewalt tools 9v-18volt)

Do you know the wattage of you amp?

You might check out this thread on wiring.He's learning the basics as well.
    Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.