Newbie looking for a recommendation for DC water pump

Options
buggeyes
buggeyes Registered Users Posts: 15 ✭✭
Just moved to the house less than a year ago. OK, We are completely off grid and have a lorenz system for our house and well. From the well there is a pipe leading into the house to our 30gal pressure tank. There is another pipe that leads to the greenhouse and then out to a bunch of fire outlets all around the property and also to our outside garden.
We have a 500 gal in ground storage tank that has the floats and is wired and ready to go but was never put in use.
So here is what we want to do.
We want to replace a broken 80gal pressure tank that sits outside by the well so the the well will pump to there and then into our house 30 gal.That way instead of 30 we have 120 gal of holding water for the house.
We want to direct the irrigation/greenhouse pipe to first go to the 500 gal holding tank and then out to the property. We have a large greenhouse and garden and plan on building a large garage which will be piped so we will be using lots of water.
What DC pump is recommended for the 500 gal holding tank? Please be specific!
Sorry for all the backstory but the last time i posed a question here i didnt post enough info. Thanks!!

Comments

• jonr
    jonr Solar Expert Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: Newbie looking for a recommendation for DC water pump

It wastes energy to pressurize water to the typical pressure that a house needs (say 50 psi) and then dump it into a non-pressurized holding tank.

Pump selection always needs an answer to "how many GPM and how many PSI?".

I am available for custom hardware/firmware development

• Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: Newbie looking for a recommendation for DC water pump

The desired DC voltage should be included. There are quite a few 24 V choices and not too many at 48V. You could use 12V also but it really depends on what the home is now using. Look at the store here on the forum.
    buggeyes wrote: »
    Just moved to the house less than a year ago. OK, We are completely off grid and have a lorenz system for our house and well. From the well there is a pipe leading into the house to our 30gal pressure tank. There is another pipe that leads to the greenhouse and then out to a bunch of fire outlets all around the property and also to our outside garden.
    We have a 500 gal in ground storage tank that has the floats and is wired and ready to go but was never put in use.
    So here is what we want to do.
    We want to replace a broken 80gal pressure tank that sits outside by the well so the the well will pump to there and then into our house 30 gal.That way instead of 30 we have 120 gal of holding water for the house.
    We want to direct the irrigation/greenhouse pipe to first go to the 500 gal holding tank and then out to the property. We have a large greenhouse and garden and plan on building a large garage which will be piped so we will be using lots of water.
    What DC pump is recommended for the 500 gal holding tank? Please be specific!
    Sorry for all the backstory but the last time i posed a question here i didnt post enough info. Thanks!!
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net