Happy Little Off Grid System

Options
xolar
xolar Solar Expert Posts: 27 ✭✭
I dropped by to edit a post and thought I would share a neat off grid I built.

XolarAttachment not found.Attachment not found.Attachment not found.Attachment not found.Attachment not found.

Comments

• mike95490
    mike95490 Solar Expert Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: Happy Little Off Grid System

very nice looking. Hulk want.
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister ,

• ILFE
    ILFE Solar Expert Posts: 364 ✭✭
    Options

Happy Little Off Grid System? :D
    Paul
  • xolar
    Options
    ILFE wrote: »
    Happy Little Off Grid System? :D

It's little compared to the other system I posted!
  • niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

i took the comment to be sarcasm, but it is a small system to those MEs that are the biggest salesmen going.
  • xolar
    Options

Mike95490 didn't we used to talk when I was Jtech solar back in the day?
  • ILFE
    Options
    xolar wrote: »
    It's little compared to the other system I posted!

Yeah, I see that now. Did a little search of your posts and found IT. Sweet.

Would you mind sharing some particulars about this array? How many watts? What size / voltage battery bank?
    Paul
  • xolar
    Options
    Yeah, I see that now. Did a little search of your posts and found IT. Sweet.

Would you mind sharing some particulars about this array? How many watts? What size / voltage battery bank?

Which one? The off grid or the hybrid?
  • xolar
    Options
    niel wrote: »
    i took the comment to be sarcasm, but it is a small system to those MEs that are the biggest salesmen going.

What does that mean, it is a small system to those ME's that are the biggest salesmen going?
  • Cariboocoot
    Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭
    Options
    What does that mean, it is a small system to those ME's that are the biggest salesmen going?

It's code. Don't worry about it.
  • ILFE
    Options
    Which one? The off grid or the hybrid?

Sorry. I meant this one, not the hybrid. That one is a bit larger than I believe I would ever need. :)
    Paul
  • xolar
    Options
    Sorry. I meant this one, not the hybrid. That one is a bit larger than I believe I would ever need. :)

The major components of the system are:
    4-outback 3648vfx (I just like them I contemplated using the Radian but I like the room in in the flexware 1000 and this property will never have the grid)
    24-ET 255 wired in strings of 4
    2-DPW top of pole
    2- midnite classics 200volt series
    2-Midnite combine with high voltage breakers
    1-hawker 48 volt 1680ah battery (original design was 1300 ah but the delivery time frame dictated going larger)
    The hawker battery is located in a isolated room so it has it's own flexware for a disconnect, and is sitting on a containment pallet. I don't expect it to leak but if it does it's covered and it is not on the concrete so I figure the winter cold has less effect because of this. I built earthquake supports at each end as the upgraded battery just fit on the pallet, the pallet worked great for positioning the batteries as 2 guys could easily jockey them, this not he case on concrete.
    I built in a bunch of futures into this project, it will soon have another 3kw of solar and a seasonal micro hydro.
    It was a fun project because I got to design the whole layout and I usually get brought in late in a project, I was able to put in a bunch of futures and clean pipe work which was fun.
    I am also big on installing utility meters for monitoring the KWH used as well as the kWh supplemented by the generator.
    Domestic water is provided by a grundfos sqflex 3-2 that's currently powered by the inverters.

X
  • xolar
    Options
    It's code. Don't worry about it.

That's what concerned me