Batteries and Generator?

2»

Comments

• Blackcherry04
    Blackcherry04 Solar Expert Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭
    Re: Batteries and Generator?

The new Xantrex are in percent's, your's is in ac amps. Your concern is what Generator can reasonably supply to the charger, if you have NO other loads if could output 13.3 amps @ 100%. A reasonable amount would be 10-12 amps, so that setting has to be minus any loads you intend to run with it. I'd start with about 8 amps and go up from there after you see how the generator handles the charger. You have no concern with the battery bank size in this case, only Generator capability.

Attachment not found.
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    stmar wrote: »
    His gen set made my Honda look like a toy, lol.

But when you get days (if not a week or two) of electricity on 10-20 gallons of gasoline with your Honda vs 1-2 days of power from his monster genset--You will be very happy,

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • stmar
    stmar Solar Expert Posts: 370 ✭✭✭

True, plus I can carry mine down to the north forty if I need to power something. His is definitely not portable, it is meant to stay in one place for a while. It is impressive, though not something I need or want to support (gallons of diesel = $$$$)!!!!!!