My setup for Duckaponics

Options
Mutley
Mutley Registered Users Posts: 1
Hello all, first i will say sorry for my spelling and grammar mistakes so please bear with me.
i don,t like reading or writing much i am more a hands on person.

Have been doing lots of research on this from you-tube, then brought the gear, and then found you, so done it the wrong way round
but im hoping im not to far out in my setup and what im trying to run.

A bit about me. 50 years old coming on 30. and my girl is 9 coming on 20 years.
The TV went over 18mts ago and it,s great without it get more done. The fridge and freezer wil be going this coming summer.
That will save us more money. I am haft way finished on my solar water heater and works great so far. And about the same on my
home made wood burner that is an oven,hot plate,water heater and Rossiter for indoors.
Two rocket stoves for the garden to follow this summer.

My system so far.

2 x 110ah/12v flooded batteries new. £170.00
1 x 100w/12v/5am Pv new. £110.00
1 X 10amp Controller new. £30.00
1 x 1000w continuous 240v ac inverter £40.00 ( i thinks it,s way to big but have had it sometime now, but not used it yet.

In the very near future i will be doubling up on the batteries, 1 more Pv & 1 more 10amp controller.
The batteries will be wired in parallel in pairs, 12v/220amps to each Pv and 1 controller.So i would like consider two Independent systems.
They then could be joined in parallel for more amps if ever needed or if works out better in 2 x 2 or 1 x 4 battery setup.

The Load
1 x 1000l/h water pump (240v) for my Duckaponics system, as i have ducks but no fish. ( yet)
1 x 1500l/h water pump (24v) (old unit) Both comes in @ 40w/3.2 amps aprox.
2 x 10w low energy bulbs Shed and green house
4 x 240v/10w max garden lights Total 100w/8.3 amps i think it but not sure if correct.

The max lenth of cable is about 40ft to the pumps, 240v cable.

So a few questions if i may.

Do i need to put fuses in and if so what amp fuses would be right, am i ok on just 2 batteries but not on 4.

I would like to stay around 25% max discharge. so would it be better to have all 4 in parallel
all the time, knowing it makes it harder to charge evenly.

Use the 2 x 10amp controllers or just 1 x 20amp ? The cables are all the same length for batt to batt plus the other cables at Opposites ends of bank.

The pumps will be on 1hr and off 1hr over 12hrs ie 6 x 40w = 240w/20amps aprox over 24hr day.
The lights max 4hr say 60w for ease = 240w/20amp. Total 480w/40amp over 24hr day, ps pumps will not be used in winter.
So if im getting say 10amp per hr max for 7hrs = 70amp and my usage is 40amps over 24hr will it enough to charge my batteries properly too.
i know i have to allow for the inverter losses say 5-7% plus other factors but that,s a bit to heavy for me to work out.
So if any maths people can help would be very much appreciated.

I know its cheaper by far to use main,s. but i like to be as self Sufficient as possible.

Many thanks, muttley.