Royal power invertors

fiddlerkelly
fiddlerkelly Registered Users Posts: 19
Anyone here familiar with this product and how well it works.

http://www.powerinverters.com/

Also can you join two different brands of panels in a combiner box where it then all goes to the controller. Now all panel will be 24 or 48 volt just different wattages .

Comments

• solar_dave
    solar_dave Solar Expert Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭✭
    Re: Royal power invertors

Anyone that is selling a 6000/12000 watt inverter for 12 Volts is just crazy, at rated value you would need to draw 500 amps off the batteries.

Me thinks I would run the other way. IMHO!
  • fiddlerkelly

So many brands out there with great difference in price. I currently have a 12 volt bank and want to transform it into a 24 volt bank so obviously have to change invertors to do this .
  • westbranch
    westbranch Solar Expert Posts: 5,183 ✭✭✭✭

you should see better quality inverters start at ~$ 500 and up for 24V. these would be TSW, probably MSW below that price.

KID #51B  4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM
    CL#29032 FW 2126/ 2073/ 2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3 x 4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM 
    Cotek ST1500W 24V Inverter,OmniCharge 3024,
    2 x Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr & Bridge,
    Eu3/2/1000i Gens, 1680W & E-Panel/WBjr to come, CL #647 asleep
    West Chilcotin, BC, Canada
  • waynefromnscanada
    waynefromnscanada Solar Expert Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭✭

I would also run and fast from any company that advertises a 12 volt, 6000 watt inverter. It's a real red flag that a company is using misleading information and very likely low quality products, aiming to suck in and take advantage of customers who are not well informed.
  • fiddlerkelly

Yeah I will bite the bullet and spend a bit more for something more reliable , I hope.
  • icarus
    icarus Solar Expert Posts: 5,436 ✭✭✭✭

Not only wht has been said, but of you read the text of the web site linked, the grammar is terrible, suggesting an off shore connection. (this in and of itself is not bad, but if the QC is bad enough in the the documentation one would wonder how it is on the hardware.). I am reminded of the instructions I got for a clock I believe, that said something like, "push button once twice" Huh?

Tony