Invertor Noisy with LED Lighting XW6048

Options
I have about 100 Phillips LED light bulbs in our new house. I'm still working away at installing fixtures and such. When I turn on all the lights I am running about 1000 watts as shown on the invertor. My concern is the noise that the invertor makes while all the lights are on. It has a very noisy buzzing sound. This doesn't happen when I am running a different 1000 watt load such as the water pump. It is an xw6048. Should I be concerned? Thanks!

Comments

• animatt
    animatt Solar Expert Posts: 295 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: Invertor Noisy with LED Lighting XW6048

Is the water pump 240v? Is it possible that you have a large imbalance between L1 and L2? When running a pump the legs have equal draws? I heard that the xw6048 has a loud hum when there is a fair imbalance between the legs. I am totally guessing. I am sure there are other possible reasons. But if it is an imbalance issue it could be as simple as balancing loads better in breaker box. Also maybe it is a power factor problem with cheap LED's matthew wright
  • NorthGuy
    NorthGuy Solar Expert Posts: 1,913 ✭✭
    Options

Mine is noisy all the time. The noise changes, sometimes gets louder, usually when you get a big load. I don't see this as a problem.
  • keyturbocars
    keyturbocars Solar Expert Posts: 375 ✭✭
    Options

My XW6048 is also quite noisy at times when different loads kick in. From what you've described. it doesn't sound like a problem.
  • YehoshuaAgapao
    YehoshuaAgapao Solar Expert Posts: 280 ✭✭
    Options

Most battery based inverters use low frequency transformers. They are not quiet and make that buzzing sound. My XW6048 makes audible noise anytime its on, and gets quite loud when over 3KW (half capacity).