panel prices

ws9876
ws9876 Solar Expert Posts: 440 ✭✭✭
I have waited a long time to buy panels. Next spring might I get 250 watts for under 300 a panel??

Comments

• Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Re: panel prices

In the US you can currently, and with out additional pressures I suspect you will be able to... Of course it depends on what you want if you want 250watts as 10 25 watt panels... if you want panels made only in Washington state...If you want someone to set them up for 300 a panel...
    Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.
  • niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭

photowhit is right that you can get them now under a $1.20 a watt as you will see in the link that naws has 5 that meets that criteria and a few more just above that $1.20 area.
    http://www.solar-electric.com/hiposopa.html

it will be hard to say what pricing will be like by next spring as i don't think prices will continue to drop as i see it right now and if they do it won't be by much. it may even fluctuate up a tad in that time too. now is a good time to buy.
  • ggunn
    ggunn Solar Expert Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭
    niel wrote: »
    photowhit is right that you can get them now under a $1.20 a watt as you will see in the link that naws has 3 that meets that criteria and a few more just above that $1.20 area.
    http://www.solar-electric.com/hiposopa.html

it will be hard to say what pricing will be like by next spring as i don't think prices will continue to drop as i see it right now and if they do it won't be by much. it may even fluctuate up a tad in that time too. now is a good time to buy.
    Lately we have seen prices moving higher for modules at the commercial/utility scale level.
  • silvertop
    silvertop Solar Expert Posts: 155 ✭✭✭✭✭

Prices are the lowest I have seen, I just picked up 6 Renasola 260 watt panels for $ 197.00 each. This will put me at 6.4 Kw !!! I'm really looking forward to this new Array:D
  • WhittakerJ
    WhittakerJ Solar Expert Posts: 67 ✭✭
    ws9876 wrote: »
    I have waited a long time to buy panels. Next spring might I get 250 watts for under 300 a panel??

I picked up Trina 275w for .74c/w