One more reason why for me, an "alternative" power supply is desirable:

2»

Comments

• keyturbocars
    keyturbocars Solar Expert Posts: 375 ✭✭
    Re: One more reason why for me, an "alternative" power supply is desirable:

Hahaha. FPS Russia is some good redneck fun!

Maybe I can safely disconnect my meter from a distance FPS Russia style. A 5 gallon bucket full of tannerite set up next to the meter should quickly and safely disconnect the meter during an emergency. BOOOM! Where'd my shop go? :p
  • ChrisOlson
    ChrisOlson Banned Posts: 1,807 ✭✭
    Maybe I can safely disconnect my meter from a distance FPS Russia style. A 5 gallon bucket full of tannerite set up next to the meter should quickly and safely disconnect the meter during an emergency. BOOOM! Where'd my shop go? :p

That reminds me of somebody I know that was going to install lightning protection for a wind turbine. He had this idea of putting an explosive charge on the wire run. Some sort of surge detector with an electronic trigger in it. And he had it all calculated out how many milliseconds before the surge hit the rectifier that he could trigger the charge and blow the line.

I was like, "dude - just keep a spare rectifier on hand - that's usually all that gets hurt."

Attachment not found.
    --
    Chris
  • keyturbocars
    keyturbocars Solar Expert Posts: 375 ✭✭
    ChrisOlson wrote: »
    That reminds me of somebody I know that was going to install lightning protection for a wind turbine. He had this idea of putting an explosive charge on the wire run. Some sort of surge detector with an electronic trigger in it. And he had it all calculated out how many milliseconds before the surge hit the rectifier that he could trigger the charge and blow the line.

I was like, "dude - just keep a spare rectifier on hand - that's usually all that gets hurt."

Now that sounds like a sophisticated redneck!