Massive Ivanpah Solar Plant Opens in California’s Mojave Desert

RSSfeed
RSSfeed Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭
Solar is booming in the sunshine state. Installations*grew*by 76% in 2012 and in the next few weeks, the*largest*solar power plant in the world will open in California’s Mojave Desert. The electricity generated by this mirror-intensified solar complex is enough to serve more than 140,000 homes during the peak hours of the day. Stretching across 3,500 [...]The post Massive Ivanpah Solar Plant Opens in California’s Mojave Desert appeared first on...

go to solarfeeds for the rest of this story>>>>>solarfeed?d=yIl2AUoC8zA solarfeed?i=7SpND_0a3XU:xEskTWr_Axg:gIN9vFwOqvQ solarfeed?d=qj6IDK7rITs solarfeed?i=7SpND_0a3XU:xEskTWr_Axg:V_sGLiPBpWU solarfeed?d=dnMXMwOfBR0
7SpND_0a3XU

More...

Comments

• solar_dave
    solar_dave Solar Expert Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭✭
    Re: Massive Ivanpah Solar Plant Opens in California’s Mojave Desert
    While both CSP and photovaltaic facilities are expected to lower the cost of energy for homeowners, it will be interesting to see which solar technology fares better at a utility scale.

This is why most utilities are looking to cut back homeowner supplied solar. They want the zero fuel cost options and own the power to make sales.

APS has Solana 280 Megawatt coming on line in August according to the AZ Republic. The plant has molten salt storage for evening continued operations.

http://www.azcentral.com/business/consumer/articles/20130726arizona-solar-plant-worlds-largest.html
  • westbranch
    westbranch Solar Expert Posts: 5,183 ✭✭✭✭
    Re: Massive Ivanpah Solar Plant Opens in California’s Mojave Desert

If those guys are so dang "free enterprise" let them compete with the distributed solar and see who comes out on top in the long run, BUT the playing field has to be LEVEL!

KID #51B  4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM
    CL#29032 FW 2126/ 2073/ 2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3 x 4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM 
    Cotek ST1500W 24V Inverter,OmniCharge 3024,
    2 x Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr & Bridge,
    Eu3/2/1000i Gens, 1680W & E-Panel/WBjr to come, CL #647 asleep
    West Chilcotin, BC, Canada