7 Game Changing Solar Technologies

Options
RSSfeed
RSSfeed Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭
It’s a tough time for solar innovation. Heightened global solar PV production, especially in China where production has multiplied 17 times over the last few years, has created such an oversupply of panels that prices have dropped 80% in the last four years. Plummeting prices is exciting news for the distribution of solar energy, but [...]The post 7 Game Changing Solar Technologies appeared first on Solar Feeds.

go to solarfeeds for the rest of this story>>>>>solarfeed?d=yIl2AUoC8zA solarfeed?i=VEPwXD6pS9s:ru1RiMso3Jc:gIN9vFwOqvQ solarfeed?d=qj6IDK7rITs solarfeed?i=VEPwXD6pS9s:ru1RiMso3Jc:V_sGLiPBpWU solarfeed?d=dnMXMwOfBR0
VEPwXD6pS9s

More...

Comments

• ggunn
    ggunn Solar Expert Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: 7 Game Changing Solar Technologies

"A few companies are working on ways to reduce the amount of waste (and therefore cutting costs) by creating thinner, but equivalently efficient, slices of silicone. Astrowatt is developing a process that involves peeling apart thin sheets of silicone. 1366 Technologies has developed a machine that creates wafers straight from molten silicone..."

GENERAL BERINGER : Gentlemen, I wouldn't trust this overgrown pile of microchips any further than I could throw it. And I don't know if you want to trust the safety of our country to some silicone diode.

:D
  • inetdog
    inetdog Solar Expert Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ggunn wrote: »
    And I don't know if you want to trust the safety of our country to some silicone diode.

I always told people who asked that Silicon Valley was between San Francisco and San Jose, while Silicone Valley was the topless club district on Broadway in SF.
    SMA SB 3000, old BP panels.
  • ggunn
    ggunn Solar Expert Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭
    Options
    inetdog wrote: »
    I always told people who asked that Silicon Valley was between San Francisco and San Jose, while Silicone Valley was the topless club district on Broadway in SF.
    I always thought that Silicone Valley was located in a party girl's cleavage.

:D
  • Cariboocoot
    Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭
    Options

A "silicone" is one of those orange things they put up around roadworks. Clearly a portmanteau.