Update firmware on a XW6048

Options
Clif
Clif Registered Users Posts: 16 ✭✭
I have the newest firmware from the Schneider website but how do I install it? Anybody have the teck support phone number? Thanks.

Comments

• NorthGuy
    NorthGuy Solar Expert Posts: 1,913 ✭✭
    Options
    Re: Update firmware on a XW6048

Looks like they haven't had any firmware updates for the long time. Most people have the latest 1.07 firmware.
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,439 admin
    Options

You need an "implanter" (beg, rent, buy) or one of their (rare) communications gateways (I believe). You might contact the folks you purchased the XW from and ask them (something like $250 for implanter, might rent for $25 + shipping costs).

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • Clif
    Clif Registered Users Posts: 16 ✭✭
    Options
    NorthGuy wrote: »
    Looks like they haven't had any firmware updates for the long time. Most people have the latest 1.07 firmware.

If I had the latest I wouldn't need to update!
  • Joe_B
    Joe_B Solar Expert Posts: 318 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you have a gateway, tech support can make a file for you that will implant the firmware through the gateway. They don't put those files (.wie extension) on the web site but I have called them in the past and they emailed me the file. If you dont have the gateway, you will need the CANBUS implanter tool.
  • mike95490
    mike95490 Solar Expert Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

And the warning with the gateway, the gateway, inverter & SCP will stay powered with heartbeat power, but the AC will shut down. You need an ethernet router you can power from a battery, while the firmware is being loaded. You don't want to brick the XW - shipping costs for that will be expensive.
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister ,