Grid Tie Setup

Options
I got 13 187 watt Sharp Panels that are 3 different models....specs are pretty much the same.
Im wanting to use these all in 1 series making 2431 watts at 422.5 volts conncted to
a Fronius IG Plus 3000 inverter.....would this setup work ok
Thanks

Comments

• Cariboocoot
    Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: Grid Tie Setup

Welcome to the forum.

Sharp 187 Watt panels? About Vmp 35, Imp 5.3, Voc around 44 (going by my failing memory).
    Thirteen in one series would be 455 Vmp and 572 Voc. How cold does it get where you are? That could put the Voc of the string over the maximum for the Fronius. They have a string sizing tool here: http://www.fronius.com/cps/rde/xchg/SID-701309A2-35848994/fronius_usa/hs.xsl/2714_8236.htm

One other caution is that with different models all on the same string the Voltages will add up but the current will be limited to the lowest rating of the three variations.
  • sunharvester
    sunharvester Registered Users Posts: 4
    Options

Specs are voc 32.7 volts.......vpm 25.8 volts
    Im in Texas so dont worry about cold.....
  • sunharvester
    Options

Ok on the string sizing tool on Fronius page says one string will work.....but will there be any problems with
    them being different model panels???
  • Cariboocoot
    Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Specs are voc 32.7 volts.......vpm 25.8 volts
    Im in Texas so dont worry about cold.....

Okay, different 187's than the last ones I looked at. :D
    Then you simply get 32.7 * 13 = 425.1, which would work even in Yellow Knife.
    Array of 13 * 25.8 = 335.4 Vmp and 7.2 Imp.

I see no problem with it. A 3kW inverter might be overkill, as the array can never produce that much. But on the other hand the smaller sizes from SMA are actually more expensive.
  • sunharvester
    Options

Thanks for the help....