just a lil something I picked up

Options
t00ls
t00ls Solar Expert Posts: 245 ✭✭✭
Recently I decided to try to make my xw4548 120/240-60 split phase into a 120-60 single phase, of which I'm sure is useful somewhere, but not here.

Well the conversion went well, but I decided to change it back ( there is more to the story, just cant say on here), lets just say, if you do you test for utility power, turn off the utility power and test your inverter, and things seem ok, they may not be. I turned the utility power back on and the awfullest racket came from the inverter.......click click rapidly took me hours and lots of messing with various settings, looking over the wiring 4 times,4,..............there was only one thing that would cause it...so I took a break, came back and looked at the wiring again, yup, neutral wire was off.

I don't care how long you've been working with electricity, there is always going to be one of those days when the neutral wire trips you up.

just had to share in my grief, thanks for reading

Comments

• solarvic
    solarvic Solar Expert Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: just a lil something I picked up

Yes, I did something similar to that with the neutral. By the time I hit the kill switch, it popped a lightbulb, microwave oven, and a good boston acustics HD radio. :Dsolarvic:D