Motomaster 1000W Pure Sine for 159$ - should i get it?

Options
Everlong
Everlong Solar Expert Posts: 36 ✭✭
Anyone have any experience with that????
I don't really need it, but 1000W for 159$, and its pure sine.... :) too good to pass it :)
it's a12v btw.

Comments

• Cariboocoot
    Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: Motomaster 1000W Pure Sine for 159$ - should i get it?

About five years ago I tested every inverter over 500 Watts that CT offered. Not one of them managed their rated output.
    However, they don't build them they buy them built for them. So by now they are probably a completely different inverter.
    Which is not to say they are any better. ;)

How big of a gambler are you? :p
  • Everlong
    Everlong Solar Expert Posts: 36 ✭✭
    Options
    About five years ago I tested every inverter over 500 Watts that CT offered. Not one of them managed their rated output.
    However, they don't build them they buy them built for them. So by now they are probably a completely different inverter.
    Which is not to say they are any better. ;)

How big of a gambler are you? :p

Big, but as i said... i don't really need it:) so i will pass... :)

How did you test these? I meant how did you get your hands on these? aren't you located somewhere in states? BC Canada... just saw it:)!

Carib, any news on the rogue mppt?
  • westbranch
    westbranch Solar Expert Posts: 5,183 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

A friend has one but has only run 3 - 23w cfl's and it passed that test.... no idea of tare load when just idling.... YMMV

KID #51B  4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM
    CL#29032 FW 2126/ 2073/ 2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3 x 4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM 
    Cotek ST1500W 24V Inverter,OmniCharge 3024,
    2 x Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr & Bridge,
    Eu3/2/1000i Gens, 1680W & E-Panel/WBjr to come, CL #647 asleep
    West Chilcotin, BC, Canada
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,443 admin
    Options

You can read the comments here from Canadian Tire. One report of 30 Watt idling--Others indicate should be 3-6 watts or so... And one post 0.6 amps max (mfg?)

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • waynefromnscanada
    waynefromnscanada Solar Expert Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Couple years ago I found one of their "deals" on a "1500 Watt Pure Sine Inverter". The price was incredible, a deal anyone would be a fool to pass up. So, I bought it, brought it home, tried it and was shocked at it's low power output and total lack of any surge at all. As a 1500 watt inverter, it was useless. It wouldn't even start little motors that my 1000 watt MSW would start as easily as it would light a 7 watt night light. Took it back to CTC, told them it's power was WAY down, definitely wasn't working right. They did give my money back, but insisted on my answering if or not it was producing at least SOME power. When I said "yes", they happily returned it to the shelf, ready for the next customer. If I NEEDED an inverter, I might try their latest offering, IF it could be returned if no good. They do however tend to have lots of power consuming pretty little displays that are of little use other than to impress the drinking buddies at the camp. But hey, if they help make a sale - - -
  • Cariboocoot
    Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Everlong wrote: »
    Big, but as i said... i don't really need it:) so i will pass... :)

How did you test these? I meant how did you get your hands on these? aren't you located somewhere in states? BC Canada... just saw it:)!

Carib, any news on the rogue mppt?

The test was simple: hook 'em up, load 'em up, wait for them to fail. It did not take many bulbs to dim the lights, and as Wayne said "Start a motor? No way."

The latest word on the new Rogue controller is that it will be available in March. At least that is a company you can trust. :D