Search solar panels by dimensions?

rexx
rexx Registered Users Posts: 6
I have a space about 50" x 114" I want to cram as many watts as I can fit affordably... Is there a chart or calculator where I can plug in my dimensions and figure out which panel to go with?

Or does anyone know of a panel that might work? The closest I have found is the 315w panel from kyocera, it is just a tiny bit to big to fit 2.

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    Re: Search solar panels by dimensions?

No, you pretty much have to go panel shopping and look up panels that meet your pricing, then look at the the physical specifications to see if they fit.

And since panel availability is always changing, a history of the panels may not be of much help to find good priced panels that meet your needs today. Which can become a big issue if you want to replace/buy new panels a couple years from now (mix and match issues).:cry:

You can start with our host's website--They have a nice price/$ per Watt price list--then go from there.

If you only need a few panels, you can call NAWS (and other vendors) and see if they have some orphans left that may meet your needs at a good price.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • vtmaps
    vtmaps Solar Expert Posts: 3,741 ✭✭✭✭

Home Power magazine offers a downloadable spreadsheet of hundreds of panels. Its got dozens of columns of data on each panel. Sort by efficiency or watts per sq ft. You will want higher efficiency panels to cram the most watts in that space.
    https://homepower.com/sites/default/files/uploads/webextras/HomePower_PVGuide_2013.xls

--vtMaps
    4 X 235watt Samsung, Midnite ePanel, Outback VFX3524 FM60 & mate, 4 Interstate L16, trimetric, Honda eu2000i
  • rexx
    rexx Registered Users Posts: 6

Thanks that chart really helps me get a grasp on panel sizing. It was exactly what I was looking for. Stupid question maybe, I went to the homepower.com website just to look around and I can't find where the chart download came from.
  • vtmaps
    vtmaps Solar Expert Posts: 3,741 ✭✭✭✭
    rexx wrote: »
    I went to the homepower.com website just to look around and I can't find where the chart download came from.

click the 'web extras' button on the home page. Its down near the bottom right of the page, if I recall correctly. --vtMaps
    4 X 235watt Samsung, Midnite ePanel, Outback VFX3524 FM60 & mate, 4 Interstate L16, trimetric, Honda eu2000i