Looking for Rogue update

Options
bmet
bmet Solar Expert Posts: 630 ✭✭
In the market for 30 amp cc for my RV, and I read on Rogue's web site that their product is out of stock, due to be upgraded soon. They recommend subscribing to Facebook page for more info, but I don't use Facebook, wouldn't know how to subscribe. Is any other information out to project when the new controller will come to market? Thank you.

Comments

• icarus
    icarus Solar Expert Posts: 5,436 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: Looking for Rogue update

Write to Mark directly?
    The email adress is on the website.

Tony
  • Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Bmet, I have one of the original slightly larger designed ones, I've had it for 3 years or so, If Marc doesn't offer to make you a 'tester' and you don't need the higher input VOC of the soon to be available controller, I'll make you a good deal on mine. I would even be willing to send it back through Marc if he's willing to check it out for you. For the most part it's unused, I checked panels a couple times and put it back in the box.

PM me if your interested, it's at the cabin and I have to go take some photos of my Power center for another forum user Friday. Marc is easy to get along with and I'd bet he'll work something out with a test model if he has one available! Hope he hasn't had problems with the new design, he did nice work on the original!
    Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.
  • bmet
    bmet Solar Expert Posts: 630 ✭✭
    Options

Photowhit,

Thank you for your offer, but my solar panels' combined VOC tickles the upper limit for 24V battery charging, and would exceed the controller in cooler weather. I will take Icarus suggestion to email the company.
  • ironbridge
    ironbridge Registered Users Posts: 9 ✭✭
    Options

I e-mailed Marc yesterday and he said March or April.

thanks
  • animatt
    animatt Solar Expert Posts: 295 ✭✭✭
    Options

thanks for the info IronBridge.

Have not been on these forums for a a LONG Time and was looking for a small mppt for my old motorhome. Started reading up on the rogue and it sounded to fit the bill real nice. Nice to hear of another quality charge controller being built on this Continent. I had really good experiences with 2 classics but classics are over kill in this situation.

I have yet to do an exhaustive search but what are supposed to be the upgrades/ differences between this new version and the previous?

matthew
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,447 admin
    Options

I don't think we know the details yet.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • lorelec
    lorelec Solar Expert Posts: 200 ✭✭
    Options

I'll have a spec sheet out on the new ( MPT-3048 ) controller soon ... it's on the long list of things to do, but not toward the top quite yet. I'll post a link to it here as soon as it's available. The basic differences between the 3048 and the older 3024 models:

* Will support 12/24/36/48v battery banks
    * 100v max Voc PV limit
    * Battery sense wires are now optional (the 2nd gen 3024 required them)
    * Auto fault resolution (faults will not require the user to restart the controller)
    * Reverse battery and input short protection
    * User-upgradable firmware
    * Auto pass-thru on startup after initial setup (will power down/up and start charging without any user interaction after initial setup)
    * More extensive data logging and more real-time data accessible with the PC connection and software utility
    * Historical data log accessible via PC
    * Master-slave option for two controllers
    * Modified MPP tracking algorithm with new triggers for sweep and user-adjustable options
    * Real-time data always remains on display now, even during sleep
    * Adjustable battery temperature compensation
    * Adjustable current limiting
    * User-adjustable calibration
    * Slightly larger and heavier physically, more robust thermal design

That's it off the top of my head right now. Once the spec sheet comes out it will list all of the details. A couple more weeks and I'll also have a cost available once all of the manufacturing details have been finalized.

I've been trying to keep updates in a central location (i.e. Facebook) so that I don't need to update a dozen different lists every time there's something to say. I'll remember to come back here and keep this thread updated as well now.

Marc
  • icarus
    Options

Thanks for the update Marc,

Wishing you much success with the new model.

Tony
  • niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

it does look like you've been busy as it almost looks like a redo in many ways.
  • animatt
    animatt Solar Expert Posts: 295 ✭✭✭
    Options

in case anyone needs the original controller now there is an ebayer selling a few of the 3024 model. I am not going to post a link. A search of "rogue mppt" at ebay will get you there.

Although at this point if you had the time I would wait to see the newer model. Seem much more flexible with 48v and higher voc.
  • lorelec
    lorelec Solar Expert Posts: 200 ✭✭
    Options

Seems like it's been a long wait...so for those who've been waiting, the MPT-3048 is now available for ordering on the Rogue website.

http://www.roguepowertech.com/products/mpt3048.htm

If you've visited the page recently, you might have to refresh your browser to see the update. We'll begin shipping this week!

Marc
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,447 admin
    Options

Congratulations and good luck Marc!

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • icarus
    Options

Congrats Marc, Good luck with the new model!

Tony
  • niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

glad to hear you've finished it marc. i hope it pans out as well if not better than your previous cc.