DC step down transformer

2»

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    Re: DC step down transformer

I posted this before==DIY Vacuum Tube (Triode):
    BB. wrote: »
    Well, if you can't find them on Ebay--then make what you need yourself?

A French Gentleman making his own Vacuum Tubes (Triode?). The Website is in French--but scroll down to bottom for video (no narration--just background music). Simply amazing.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • waynefromnscanada
    waynefromnscanada Solar Expert Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭✭
    Ken Marsh wrote: »
    Most of the GM versions had double throw vibrators that were connected to a push-pull primary winding.
    HA! Those are the ones I used to take apart! :D
    Signed
    Another Old Bugger.:D
  • ggunn
    ggunn Solar Expert Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the memories. Great video. I truly miss the vacuum tube. Sure they couldn't compare to the reliability or efficiency of modern electronics, but they were alive, they were warm, or even downright hot, and they glowed. They were alive! Not at all like the cold, inanimate little stones that power the things we have today.
    Just about any electric guitar player will tell you that vacuum tube technology is still alive and well, though finding quality tubes is getting harder all the time. I love me my 6L6's, 6V6's, 6550's, and EL34's. I'm wearing my Tshirt which extolls the virtues of the 6L6 today, as a matter of fact. Rock on!
  • waynefromnscanada
    ggunn wrote: »
    Just about any electric guitar player will tell you that vacuum tube technology is still alive and well, though finding quality tubes is getting harder all the time. I love me my 6L6's, 6V6's, 6550's, and EL34's. I'm wearing my Tshirt which extolls the virtues of the 6L6 today, as a matter of fact. Rock on!

And in the late 1960s awesome sounding (for what it is) Hammond organ I've been keeping going over the last 30 years for our local Church :)
  • Cariboocoot
    Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭
    And in the late 1960s awesome sounding (for what it is) Hammond organ I've been keeping going over the last 30 years for our local Church :)

Who plays it? McKernan or Mydland? :p
    (Regrettably they're both dead, no pun intended.)
  • waynefromnscanada

Actually, all joking aside, a 93 year old lady! Sad part is, where I live, once she's gone there's no one to take her place :(
  • Cariboocoot
    Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭
    Actually, all joking aside, a 93 year old lady! Sad part is, where I live, once she's gone there's no one to take her place :(

I understand that. I have a friend who is a piano tuner. That's not what he does for a living anymore because all the real pianos are being replaced by electronic versions. Few people can tell the difference, it seems.
  • ggunn
    ggunn Solar Expert Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭
    I need a miracle every day.