Solar pond pump setup help!

Eastbay75
Eastbay75 Registered Users Posts: 2
I need advice for installing a external pond pump:
1. Should I buy:
* 12 Volt "Sequence® Sun Pump 750 Series 12VDC8" (http://www.mdminc.com/SunPump750.aspx)
* 22 Volt "Sequence® Sun Pump 750 Series 24VDC8"

2. How many Grape Solar 100W Solar panels should I have?
3. How to connect them?
4. Charge controller?
5. Batteries?
6. Any other necessary equipment?

The pump need to be operated 24 hrs/days.

Comments

• icarus
    icarus Solar Expert Posts: 5,436 ✭✭✭✭
    Re: Solar pond pump setup help!

How much are you pumping, gpm/gpd how high a head, how long do y need the pump to run.

All solar calcs begin and end with the loads. Calculate your load both peak and toal, and the other questions answer themselves. It would also be helpful to know where you are located.

Welcome to the forum, and keep in touch,

Tony
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin

We just had a thread on a similar subject (solar powered fountain to save money on power in Pakistan):
    [h=2][/h]Solar System to power 1 horse power pump and led light for my fountain

And similar questions about aeration for a fish farm:

Design Help Needed: Small Shed PV System

We are more than happy to answer your question--But there are a lot of other questions about your pond pumping (try for more efficient pumping to meet your needs). And is this a 9am to 3pm pumping system or 24x7. More or less, a battery based 24x7 system is going to cost you about 4x or more the price of a system that does not use a battery bank (daylight pumping only).

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • Eastbay75
    Eastbay75 Registered Users Posts: 2
    BB. wrote: »
    We just had a thread on a similar subject (solar powered fountain to save money on power in Pakistan):
    [h=2][/h]Solar System to power 1 horse power pump and led light for my fountain

And similar questions about aeration for a fish farm:

Design Help Needed: Small Shed PV System

We are more than happy to answer your question--But there are a lot of other questions about your pond pumping (try for more efficient pumping to meet your needs). And is this a 9am to 3pm pumping system or 24x7. More or less, a battery based 24x7 system is going to cost you about 4x or more the price of a system that does not use a battery bank (daylight pumping only).

-Bill
    Thanks Bill
    Tried to search last night, but dind't not see those.