OK So my average monthly useage is 1800 KW a month

Options
2»

Comments

• solarvic
    solarvic Solar Expert Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: OK So my average monthly useage is 1800 KW a month

Aren,t you thinking that the turbines could throw ice or blade parts on the solar panels you want to install? What about all that angle you have screwed in to your siding, Won,t it rust and make your house siding rusty looking?
  • Polaraco
    Polaraco Solar Expert Posts: 102 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BB. wrote: »
    Are you going to end up shading the roof so much with the turbine that you will not be able to use solar panels?

-Bill

They don't shade that much to be concerned. By the time that happens I'll have the next afternoon bank in full swing. They're 19 feet over the panels and not that big. They don't throw much of a shower.
    solarvic wrote: »
    Aren,t you thinking that the turbines could throw ice or blade parts on the solar panels you want to install? What about all that angle you have screwed in to your siding, Won,t it rust and make your house siding rusty looking?

Thinking of spinning the towers 90. I did think about it. You see what I mean my space problem
  • Polaraco
    Polaraco Solar Expert Posts: 102 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    solarvic wrote: »

Well you brought up a valid point. With the weather at 60* today, I went up to rotate the one tower. That's going to be a major night mare. I can't rotate both of them because the 2 center ones will be too close together. The tails will be hitting each other. I will look stupid with one turned. . . Guess I'm going to have to hope for the best. The panels should fall not quite under the towers. I planned on going high. Those Poly plades don't hold ice either. I watched them this winter and beads just fall off the blades in a slight wind. That said, 90% of my winds would push the ice away from the panels. Even so, it is a risk