Enphase Enlighten Email Notifications?

Options
cebury
cebury Registered Users Posts: 8
I was warned by a local installer "You won't like the Enphase monitoring, unless you like getting your mailbox full of notifications. Like every 15 minutes 'hey panel X is out of range ...'".

Is this true with the current version of software for Enlighten? Was this is "old version" problem or something?

As a software developer, I ignored it b/c I knew IF there really was such a problem, it's likely that User's options aren't set to THEIR preferences, such as Daily Digesting or X max emails per day. Yet even if there isn't an option now, I'd assume one would be forthcoming if people complained loud enough; it's not hard to program in.

But I'd like to know to evaluate the person's integrity. I've looked online at their demo's & such, but can't find the answer. Also, I know the Installer system is different than the Owner's version, thus it's possible on the Installer side.

Thanks!

Comments

• drees
    drees Solar Expert Posts: 482 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: Enphase Enlighten Email Notifications?

Yes, you can configure alerts from Enphase.

I've got it set to highest alert frequency (send me emails for all issues/warnings) and I only get alerts when something is actually wrong. Like the Envoy loses it's internet connection for an extended period of time so it can't report data back to Enphase, or the Envoy loses comms with an inverter (this shouldn't happen if your Envoy is properly located with a strong signal to your inverters).

Haven't had any inverters or panels go bad so haven't gotten any of those types alerts.

So I get perhaps a couple alert emails a year from Enphase - and all of those are when my internet connection is down or I've powered off my Envoy for some reason.

Now, an installer who's watching a lot of installs will certainly get a lot more alerts - but that's because they're monitoring a lot of systems!
  • cebury
    Options

Thank you. That's exactly the info for which I was looking.
  • Ralph Day
    Ralph Day Solar Expert Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Same here. The only notifications I've received were from when I took my high speed router on vacation and left the Envoy lonely for the internet.

Ralph
  • Blackcherry04
    Blackcherry04 Solar Expert Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭
    Options

I got the only one e-mail from them and that was the one that counted..... Their Monitoring Service was going to be FREE, it was 2 days before I was going to send them $370.00.
  • cebury
    Options
    I got the only one e-mail from them and that was the one that counted..... Their Monitoring Service was going to be FREE, it was 2 days before I was going to send them $370.00.

HAH! Ain't that a good feeling. Wonder if someone else sent theirs in early.

Was that back in June?
  • Blackcherry04
    Blackcherry04 Solar Expert Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭
    Options
    cebury wrote: »
    HAH! Ain't that a good feeling. Wonder if someone else sent theirs in early.

Was that back in June?
    Yes, It was in June, somewhere in the middle as I remember. We had a big stink thread on their forum about the charge being 5-7 % of the output in Dollars. Next thing you know, they made it free. They are in the business of selling Inverters, to make the Enlighten a profit center to see your own data was wrong.

I have never received a e-mail about a error. My system has been flawless. It's been about 86% of PV Watts and really over produced a bunch of KWH's I am having a hard time getting rid of.