Private Messages

JESSICA
JESSICA Solar Expert Posts: 289 ✭✭
Yesterday, I received the following message in my "Private Message" box:

Is this allowed? Can I block this kind of messages? Can moderators/administrators trace the source of the messages and block them?

Genset Supply By Kontune Power

Dear Sir/Madam

... deleted ...

Comments

• Cariboocoot
    Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭
    Re: Private Messages

No, it is most definitely not allowed! :grr

We'll see what can be done.
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin

Marc has banned the user and I have deleted any pm's that may be left over (I think).

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • Cariboocoot
    Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭

In future if anyone receives any unsolicited PM advertisements please forward the message on to the moderator(s) of your choice.

And yes, Bill; I was going to delete all the data in the post once I was sure the offender had been fully dealt with. ;)
  • JESSICA
    JESSICA Solar Expert Posts: 289 ✭✭
    In future if anyone receives any unsolicited PM advertisements please forward the message on to the moderator(s) of your choice.

And yes, Bill; I was going to delete all the data in the post once I was sure the offender had been fully dealt with. ;)

Will do.
    Thanks for your quick response, here and in my PM box.
  • vtmaps
    vtmaps Solar Expert Posts: 3,741 ✭✭✭✭

This morning I received two emails telling me I had new PMs. The second email was: "ooops I'm sorry, plz diregard previous msg it was meant for someone else".

The first email was one member advising another how to scam an online merchant. When I logged into the forum to check my PMs, there were no new PMs. Does the sender have the ability to delete a PM they have sent, or did the moderators delete it from my account?
    --vtMaps
    4 X 235watt Samsung, Midnite ePanel, Outback VFX3524 FM60 & mate, 4 Interstate L16, trimetric, Honda eu2000i
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin

I deleted the PM's (and user account) last night when I saw a new user sending PMs/Emails through the forum... Nobody cannot delete (already sent) emailed notifications and emailed messages (see previous forum announcement about "Sunbird"). I can only stop new messages. Note that your email addresses are still private (sender only has your "handle"/user ID)

As far as I know, senders do not have the ability to delete their own sent PM's.

And, moderators (and admins, as far as I can tell) do not have the ability to read PMs/Emails/etc.... (I assume that anyone/software engineer with access to the database and a DB Reader could).

I am very sorry for the spam,
    -Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset