Before and After.

solar_dave
solar_dave Solar Expert Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭✭
What a world of difference! Just a few dollars and a competent crew is all that was needed.

Comments

• Cariboocoot
    Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭
    Re: Before and After.

But what fun is it if you don't have wires strung everywhere, sparks flying, and lightning climbing up the Jacob's ladder? :p
  • drees
    drees Solar Expert Posts: 482 ✭✭✭

Yeah, way better. I remember looking at that original pic ages ago and thinking "WTF were those guys thinking when routing that conduit?"

Any halfway decent electrician will use EMT instead of flex whenever possible and the bends will be perfect...
  • solar_dave

The sad part is this electrician/company know nothing about solar. Just good electricians. Definitely a name an number in my hip pocket.
  • Slappy
    Slappy Solar Expert Posts: 251 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

made a big difference...looks good. :D
  • solar_dave
    But what fun is it if you don't have wires strung everywhere, sparks flying, and lightning climbing up the Jacob's ladder? :p

Actually I was concerned about the plastic connectors on the flex, one year in the AZ sun and they started to show the effects, can't imagine that 300+ volts of DC getting loose at those kinds of amps.
  • Jburgess
    Jburgess Solar Expert Posts: 130 ✭✭✭

Looks way much better. Did you replace that pesky AC disconect too?
  • solar_dave
    Jburgess wrote: »
    Looks way much better. Did you replace that pesky AC disconect too?

No, APS has a lockout on it, but I have the electrician coming back to run a 220 line for a VFD to run my Boyar Schultz surface grinder. Perhaps I can coordinate that then.
  • SkiDoo55
    SkiDoo55 Solar Expert Posts: 414 ✭✭✭

Looks alot Better. I always prefer EMT unless you are connecting to something that might move or vibrate, and then only from the wall to the device.
    GT3.8 w/4600W Trina 230W, TX5000 w/5000W ET-250W, XW4024 w/1500W ET-250W, 4 L16, 5500W Gen. (never had to use) Yet!!